Video New Star Trek deserves its own thread (Not really)

I watched the first (free) episode. I hated it as soon as I saw a holograph having a conversation with someone present, and the holograph (hologram?) sat on the edge of a desk. I though holograms were a projection of, in this case, a living person on “the other end”. Did the human on “the other end” have an identical room to sit on the desk edge?

I can easily let some stuff slide for the sake of fantasy, but that was asking a little too much. And I’m an Enterprise fan.

I'll retry Discovery at some point this year; my opinion after 4 or so episodes when it first aired was abysmal. I don't expect that to improve. I was watching some DS9 last night and I'm always fondly reminded of how fucking awesome it is start to finish. That's the kind of star trek I love, not whatever this was.

Also anticipating some new Orville. It had a few 'meh' episodes but overall it was great viewing and had way more likeable characters than Discovery.

• Gravy
Reactions: Domon
Season two of Discovery.

It seemed like the last half of the season was mostly Michael Burnbuns crying. What a downer.

I’ve decided I really like the show though. Lots of shiny objects to keep my brain engaged.

• Gravy
Reactions: Domon
I haven't watched any of the new Star Trek series. Hell, I never even watched Enterprise, though I'm told last season is pretty good. I'm too invested in old series. Some day I'll watch the new stuff.