Video New Star Trek deserves its own thread (Not really)

Mr. Argumentor

Will Argue for Tacos
Sep 27, 2012
Tampa-ish
Steam
asastang
Im still firmly in fuck-new-trek mode after they made Jon Luc Picard exploit someones addiction, burn a relationship, and then laugh and cheer about it. Picard would have been the one to absolutely refuse to do such a thing
I wasn't a fan of the whole "incurable brain disease, so let's clone him and give him a set time to die, but not tell him."

Just... WTF?

Immigrant

full of tales of hot tail
Apr 26, 2016
is every one of the main characters still not likeable?

Actually they are. I’m just not a fan of the storyline and thought it was a weak “out” to just jump ahead in time as a way to make coming up with a story easier. I may be seeing something that isn’t even happening, but it just seems that way to me.

And I see things a little differently lately too. I subconsciously think “I have X time left, what do I want to watch (or watch again)”, and I would not choose Discovery. I think they could’ve done better.

I’m re-watching (I know this is NOT the TV thread, but Star Trek) Star Wars: The Bad Batch and I tell you what. I’d put that show up against Disco in a comparison and the Bad Batch is better in every way.

Domon

Robotic Dexter
May 19, 2011
Actually they are. I’m just not a fan of the storyline and thought it was a weak “out” to just jump ahead in time as a way to make coming up with a story easier. I may be seeing something that isn’t even happening, but it just seems that way to me.

And I see things a little differently lately too. I subconsciously think “I have X time left, what do I want to watch (or watch again)”, and I would not choose Discovery. I think they could’ve done better.

I’m re-watching (I know this is NOT the TV thread, but Star Trek) Star Wars: The Bad Batch and I tell you what. I’d put that show up against Disco in a comparison and the Bad Batch is better in every way.
oh, any of the filoni star war shows are great. Clone wars, rebels, bad batch. We're trying to finish clone wars with the kids before we start bad batch

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant

Jehannum

HO HO HO METH GIANT
Jul 24, 2013
Albuquerque, NM
Normally nothing snaps me back out of suspension of disbelief faster than recognizing voice acting, but hearing Brian Posehn voicing a Pakled in the "Spy Humungous" episode of lower decks seemed so spot on that I just let it ride and laughed my ass off.