Halp New PC Rig

OzSTEEZ

¡ɟɟo ʞɔnɟ ʇunɔ 'ᴉO
Nov 11, 2008
Oz
Marklar
₥25,442
reminds me that i'm gonna be in need of a new comp. this one is 3 years old and is starting to show it's age with modern high end games.

yeah I've had bad experiences with tigerdirect. And I checked this build on their site and it's more expensive. So I'll stick with newegg.

Did you not go with Intel for a reason? Last I checked they were still making the best chips.

And I'd get 8GB, but I like to occasionally run VMs on my machine.

Intel is expensive. And the AMD six core CPUs are ranked pretty high. The faster Intel CPUs are around $100 or more dearer.

And I don't need 8gb right now.. I just want to get it up and running first, then I'll upgrade bits here and there over time..

Microcenter is good. If they have comparable prices I will buy from them because of the ability to return the item and change it right then and there. But with CPUs, motherboards, and ram they aren't quite as good as newegg.

Do you really need a 730W PSU? Planning to run SLI in the future or 6 harddrives? You'd be fine with 500 or 600W PSU. I'd get a better quality PSU like a Seasonic or Enermax if you had room in the budget. I also agree that you should pick up more memory. It's cheap now. May as well go for 6 or 8GB of RAM. What operating system are you putting on this computer?

Yeah I do need a 700+ watt PSU.

I run a ATI 5870 which sucks a lot of power.

The Raidmax PSU is solid. I've had it running in my current PC for over a year and it's great.

I have no need for more than 4gb of RAM right now. With the 5870 video card, all the game run fine with max settings.

I'm going to be running Windows 7 of course.