Ontopic New PC Build - Am I missing anything?

Double the RAM. You can never have enough RAM.

attachment.php

(yes, it's a mac.. yes, it's gay.. no, I didn't pay for it..)

No normal person could ever use that much RAM. However, I'm sure you do... :D

700w is way overkill. Not sure why the PC markets huge power supplies. I've got a GTX560ti 446 core + core i7 + two 7200rpm harddrives + ssd and it uses roughly 147w of power at idle, probably up to 250w when gaming. Only servers need 700w and even then it is a lot.

I've had great luck with Enermax power supplies so that is all I use. PC Power & Cooling is supposed to be a good brand as is Seasonic. Power supply is the linch pin when building a computer, IMO. Modular power supplies are much nicer too. No extra cables getting in the way. Cleaner install, easier to work on the computer.

That Crucial drive is nice. I have 2 of them and have had no issues. Do the firmware update before you install Windows 7 or whatever OS you're going with.

Has Biostar cleaned up its act? They used to make shitty mobos from 2000 to 2005 (last one that I saw from around then). Blowing caps, chipsets, USB issues, other random issues, etc. I personally tend to stick with Asus, even though I've had a couple of failures. They've done good on the RMAs though, and their customer support has been good.

Excellent info. My thanks.

cut that power supply wattage in half and you just saved yourself a hairdryer running 24/7 for years on end.

Just because its a 700w power supply doesn't mean that it consumes 700w. It only takes what the PC needs, up to 700w.

right you are. I still have to think it will use more than necessary kind of like comparing the fuel efficiency of a v8 to an i4.