New ON-topic discussion forum created!

Galen said:
You'll find that pretty much everyone else here enjoys the fact we have a new, more on-topic board. You're the only one who seems seriously peeved by that fact.

Again, you're not paying the bandwidth for it, so what concern is it of yours? fly has already said if it's not used, then it will go. If anything, people enjoy the "seriousness" that disgusts you so much. I know I do.

I think the "Do not post until you have been cleansed of Gen[M]ay" mantra on SomethingAwful is a good one.

seriously, lighten up man...did you not see where I said "devil's advocate" above? you DO know what that means, no?

why_ask_why said:
that jumps to the conclusion that intelligent discussion is mutually exclusive of the current format, which it is not

just playing devil's advocate :)
Not really. Certainly the same threads posted there could be posted here. All I can say man is, "We'll see." :iono:

fly said:
Not really. Certainly the same threads posted there could be posted here. All I can say man is, "We'll see." :iono:

apparently the role of devil's advocate isn't terribily well received around here...god knows how well it would go over if I had a dissenting opinion in the new "serios forum" so I think I'll just bow out of the discussion alltogether :heart:

why_ask_why said:
apparently the role of devil's advocate isn't terribily well received around here...god knows how well it would go over if I had a dissenting opinion in the new "serios forum" so I think I'll just bow out of the discussion alltogether :heart:
This thread is now about poop.

Drool-Boy post in 3...2...

why_ask_why said:
seriously, lighten up man...did you not see where I said "devil's advocate" above? you DO know what that means, no?
Thanks for pointing that out, I was unaware "Devil's advocate" gave you a golden ticket to moan about what someone else does with their forum.

That IS what it means, no?

And, to reiterate, just because it's not to your liking doesn't mean that everyone hates it. The forum has obviously been well received, but thanks for your awesome opinion on how to administer a forum.

listen here now kiddies, dont make me get my cane

SIR!.jpeg

Galen said:
Thanks for pointing that out, I was unaware "Devil's advocate" gave you a golden ticket to moan about what someone else does with their forum.

That IS what it means, no?

And, to reiterate, just because it's not to your liking doesn't mean that everyone hates it. The forum has obviously been well received, but thanks for your awesome opinion on how to administer a forum.

devil's advocate
One entry found for devil's advocate.
Main Entry: devil's advocate
Function: noun
Etymology: translation of New Latin advocatus diaboli
1 : a Roman Catholic official whose duty is to examine critically the evidence on which a demand for beatification or canonization rests
2 : a person who champions the less accepted cause for the sake of argument

:heart:

why_ask_why said:
devil's advocate
One entry found for devil's advocate.
Main Entry: devil's advocate
Function: noun
Etymology: translation of New Latin advocatus diaboli
1 : a Roman Catholic official whose duty is to examine critically the evidence on which a demand for beatification or canonization rests
2 : a person who champions the less accepted cause for the sake of argument

:heart:
That would be great only for the fact that your entire argument is "Devil's Advocate lol". You've yet to put forward anything other than what looks like blatent backseat moderation.

Perhaps you're right. A forum with dedicated topics just isn't for you seeing as you replied to this thread once then felt the need to reply again after a few people supported fly's decision for the creation of a new forum. I honestly think there's a bit more to this than meets the eye, but whatever.

Galen said:
That would be great only for the fact that your entire argument is "Devil's Advocate lol". You've yet to put forward anything other than what looks like blatent backseat moderation.

Perhaps you're right. A forum with dedicated topics just isn't for you seeing as you replied to this thread once then felt the need to reply again after a few people supported fly's decision for the creation of a new forum. I honestly think there's a bit more to this than meets the eye, but whatever.

I said I didn't think it was necessary...a few people took exception to that...am I no more entitled to my opinion than you are to yours? you've done nothing but attempt to berate and belittle simply for having a differing opinion...you're going to make a fine mod:rolleyes:

why_ask_why said:
I said I didn't think it was necessary...a few people took exception to that...am I no more entitled to my opinion than you are to yours? you've done nothing but attempt to berate and belittle simply for having a differing opinion...you're going to make a fine mod:rolleyes:
Your concerns (aka backseat moderation) should be brought to PM and not constantly reiterated in this thread. And honestly, where have I berated and belittled you?

Your concern and pride for this forum is unmatched, I can't fault you on that. What I can fault is the fact that you're obsessed with such a forum failing, yet countless people have already expressed thanks for a more dedicated, on-topic area.

I have no intention of arguing with you, it's no loss if you don't post there. What I do have a problem with is the constant whinging in this thread in regards to something that is obviously no concern of yours.

As for the mod comment, fly trusted me and I'll do my absolute best to uphold what he wants. I'll certainly not be making awesome, funny title rapes anyway.

Galen said:
Your concerns (aka backseat moderation) should be brought to PM and not constantly reiterated in this thread. And honestly, where have I berated and belittled you?

Your concern and pride for this forum is unmatched, I can't fault you on that. What I can fault is the fact that you're obsessed with such a forum failing, yet countless people have already expressed thanks for a more dedicated, on-topic area.

I have no intention of arguing with you, it's no loss if you don't post there. What I do have a problem with is the constant whinging in this thread in regards to something that is obviously no concern of yours.

As for the mod comment, fly trusted me and I'll do my absolute best to uphold what he wants. I'll certainly not be making awesome, funny title rapes anyway.

I'm not obsessed with the forum failing...I said I see no need because it draws away posts from an already slow forum...BIG difference

and here's where the holier than thou condecension begins:
Perhaps discussion that stays on topic is beyond you or perhaps you just love Gen[M]ay format so much that you disagree with people who might want more of an experience out of people than super funny sex/office jokes.

I'm peeved? orly? news to me
Galen said:
You'll find that pretty much everyone else here enjoys the fact we have a new, more on-topic board. You're the only one who seems seriously peeved by that fact.

oh, and now I'm "moaning"...again, it's a differing opinion
and the line about my "awesome opinion"? Seems it's you who are the moaner :rolleyes:
Galen said:

and here I'm now backseat moderating because again, I have a differing opinion...you really are quite high on yourself, aren't you?
Galen said:

ONE HIGH HORSE COMING RIGHT UP! STEP THIS WAY MR. GALEN