new dingleberry, sweet

JAXvillain

Curly_Sue
Oct 13, 2004
Marklar
₥0
sweet...it got here just in time for the weekend...running enterprise activation right now....it's the 8310 Curve with onboard GPS and cam :cool:

blackberry_curve8310small.jpg

it's replacing my 8800 that is a bit bigger and has no cam...it served me well

bb8800-cingular.jpg

afraid not :p

long time no see!

I dunno, wifi just seems more useful to me than gps. I guess it depends on what you use it for though. I'm still not sold on navigation, I'm still in the stone ages with my atlas. I've got one of those 3" thick spiral bound ones in my vehicle all the time. It's come in very useful, not to mention that a map won't tell you to take the wrong turn because it needs a software update.

We were using a navigation unit over the summer and the thing got us lost on 20 miles of gravel road in the country in Kentucky. We were going to the maker's mark distillery in Loretto by the side roads and had it not been for the atlas we'd have never made it there. The navigation unit told us to drive down an old creek bed. :eek:

I dunno, wifi just seems more useful to me than gps. I guess it depends on what you use it for though. I'm still not sold on navigation, I'm still in the stone ages with my atlas. I've got one of those 3" thick spiral bound ones in my vehicle all the time. It's come in very useful, not to mention that a map won't tell you to take the wrong turn because it needs a software update.

We were using a navigation unit over the summer and the thing got us lost on 20 miles of gravel road in the country in Kentucky. We were going to the maker's mark distillery in Loretto by the side roads and had it not been for the atlas we'd have never made it there. The navigation unit told us to drive down an old creek bed. :eek:

the BB gps has been nothing but flawless thus far and if I'm in a location to use wifi, I'd prefer a laptop anyway so I can have some decent screen real estate

something pretty cool I just figured out...I can take a pic on the BB, store to onboard micro SD card, then upload for a forum post all from the same device :cool:

the BB gps has been nothing but flawless thus far and if I'm in a location to use wifi, I'd prefer a laptop anyway so I can have some decent screen real estate

something pretty cool I just figured out...I can take a pic on the BB, store to onboard micro SD card, then upload for a forum post all from the same device :cool:

Thats cause you live in the city. GPS' are notoriously bad in the deep country. Ours had us running around in the middle of the night trying to find a B&B in the middle of Nowhere, Vermont.

And wifi sucks cause it KILLS battery life.

holy crap! I just dumped an stp cd in mp3 form on the crackberry which is the first time I've done so...all the songs were in one folder titled stp...one of the songs was from another cd and mixed in with the entirety of the first...when I browsed to the music on the crackberry it had recognized that song didn't belong and made a new folder for the oddball song and even labeled it with the appropriate cd name...I am stunned! :cool: