GAY New DADT policy

dbzeag

Wants to kiss you where it stinks
Jun 9, 2006
Marklar
₥947
Because the forum faggot asked for my thoughts on yet another gay-adjacent issue, DADT, I will tell you.

An update to the DADT policy was introduced recently for immediate implementation calling for much stricter scrutiny in 3rd party outings; scorned lovers, other military officials reporting inappropriate gender pronouns, etc. Of course this is EXACTLY the first part of DADT, the Don't Ask part. These new updates do nothing to further stop the rejection of personnel, but maybe only clarify what the original policy had already stated. This is also not retroactive; previous servicemen and women cannot be reinstated if they were outed by these 3rd party ways.

Also on the DADT front, one of our officers, a retired general, blamed the fact that the Dutch military allows gay solders into the ranks for why the largest genocide in Europe after WWII occurred. Needless to say the Dutch officials are not too happy.

i don't understand why this is such a big deal for you

i don't mean to be condescending, but i really don't

i don't understand why this is such a big deal for you

i don't mean to be condescending, but i really don't

It's not for me personally. I was literally asked why I didn't have a thread about this yet, so I made one. It wasn't my idea to make one.

forgive me - saw lots of DADT threads. even if it's stupid, i just don't understand why it is so massive.

forgive me - saw lots of DADT threads. even if it's stupid, i just don't understand why it is so massive.

The number of threads or why DADT is so popular/big deal?

It's a big deal (at least to a small percentage of the population) because it is one of the few actively discriminating laws/policies left on the books. EDNA, DOMA, DADT and a few others and all are being fought against. As more and more rights are equalized those issues left get louder.

The number of threads or why DADT is so popular/big deal?

It's a big deal (at least to a small percentage of the population) because it is one of the few actively discriminating laws/policies left on the books. EDNA, DOMA, DADT and a few others and all are being fought against. As more and more rights are equalized those issues left get louder.

i fully support gay rights, more than most, so don't think i have a problem with it.

thing is, i'm a catholic by birth and education. that could hurt me in N. Ireland (yes, even in 2010) so i choose to keep quiet about it, unless i know my company.

this isn't a big deal to me. it could mean i am actively discriminated against, it could not mean that. same goes for being the other side of the fence in N. Ireland. while silly, sometimes it's simply best to not rock the boat.

Saw it in the news this morning.

We got a mass e-mail from the AF leadership last week announcing they're going to be taking surveys over the next few months to find out people's thoughts.

The odd thing I noticed was that enlisted discharges would now have to be reviewed by a general/flag officer, but it doesn't say anything about officer discharges.

Saw it in the news this morning.

We got a mass e-mail from the AF leadership last week announcing they're going to be taking surveys over the next few months to find out people's thoughts.

So basically an outing? If you support it , you are a sympathizer and therefore gay yourself? I would certainly be that paranoid if I was in the service.

i fully support gay rights, more than most, so don't think i have a problem with it.

thing is, i'm a catholic by birth and education. that could hurt me in N. Ireland (yes, even in 2010) so i choose to keep quiet about it, unless i know my company.

this isn't a big deal to me. it could mean i am actively discriminated against, it could not mean that. same goes for being the other side of the fence in N. Ireland. while silly, sometimes it's simply best to not rock the boat.

The difference is you can choose to be Catholic, and you can also still have the same basic living rights as anyone else, and you can even still practice. You might get violence thrown upon you, but that was because of hysteria and that person's choice to commit an illegal offense to you. They would be in the wrong.

Policies like this and DOMA and the like are actually taking away rights because of a human condition there is no changing externally or that was learned. It has been proven, the more people come out and the louder they are about it and the more people that hear them, the easier understanding them is and understanding that active discrimination isn't the way in a free society.

The difference is you can choose to be Catholic, and you can also still have the same basic living rights as anyone else, and you can even still practice. You might get violence thrown upon you, but that was because of hysteria and that person's choice to commit an illegal offense to you. They would be in the wrong.

Policies like this and DOMA and the like are actually taking away rights because of a human condition there is no changing externally or that was learned. It has been proven, the more people come out and the louder they are about it and the more people that hear them, the easier understanding them is and understanding that active discrimination isn't the way in a free society.

He didn't choose to be raised Catholic...

Even if he didn't, he was RAISED Catholic which according to his post can be a very bad thing there...

The danger comes from illegal actions. Catholics in N Ireland still have the same rights as others, but some people just take to violence against them because of their belief in Protestantism. That's not lawful.

I get treated differently by my government, lawfully AND by others violently and unlawfully.

Who is the "forum faggot?"

attachment.php

• Gravy
Reactions: 1 person