Ontopic New Car Thread!

oh, im paying yourmechanic to do the labor. But it looks like i can save a couple hundred on parts buying myself

just need to be sure im getting the right shit.

2009 Corolla LE Parts Needed

• Brake Cleaner x 2
  • Brake Grease x 2
  • Brake Pad Set - Front
  • Brake Rotor - Front x 2
  • Brake Shoe Set - Rear
  • Drum Brake Hardware Kit - Rear

probably wont have the rotors done to be honest. Ive got no signs that theyre warped (no pulsing, no vibration)

labor is identical though between doing the rotors and not, so its only the 50 bucks in parts

Welp, the throwout bearing on the red Z is done.

I was hoping it was just the hydraulics, but they're fine. It's making all kinds of neat noises when I push the clutch down.

I should replace the driveshaft, as it's really only accessible without the trans in, but I don't think I can swing an additional $500 this month comfortably.

If it only has 20k on it why is the throwout bearing you also replaced 20k ago bad?

That much work man you replace everything that requires dropping the tranny whether it needs it or not.
Pilot bearing, crank rear main, tranny front seal, throwout, etc. All of it. Fuck doing that shit twice.

If it only has 20k on it why is the throwout bearing you also replaced 20k ago bad?

That much work man you replace everything that requires dropping the tranny whether it needs it or not.
Pilot bearing, crank rear main, tranny front seal, throwout, etc. All of it. Fuck doing that shit twice.
Because it's got significantly higher spring pressure than the original, and also because the boot meant to seal the bellhousing rotted out.

I'm not replacing a high end clutch that's barely even broken in unless there's a good goddamned reason to do so.

If you put in a high end clutch you're supposed to put in high-end other stuff that works with it.
It's a synergy thing.
Medium grade everything is better than high-end one thing with low-end another thing that's supposed to work with it as a team.