Ontopic New Car Thread!

Some days it doesn't pay to get dressed

SYbYvc0.jpg

Wtf

Fucking Amazon. Place is going down the shitter.
Bought a tensioner pulley for the truck, Motorcraft #YS-181, they send a box labelled correctly but inside is (what looks like) YS-216. Return it.

Order carb jets for Susie. Edelbrock 1427, 0.098" drill size. Get 1426, drill size 0.095"
At least with this one they didn't make me do a return, they just shipped out the new part.

Consumer Reports is where I learned what a big ol’ piece of shit Jettas were. It made me realize that German engineering only worked in certain instances.

One important thing I learned last weekend at the car show is that every Chevelle ever released between 1965 and 1972 was an SS, every Cutlass ever released over the same timeframe was a 442 W-30, and every GTO released was equipped with an HO motor.

Badge envy is strong with those folks.

One important thing I learned last weekend at the car show is that every Chevelle ever released between 1965 and 1972 was an SS, every Cutlass ever released over the same timeframe was a 442 W-30, and every GTO released was equipped with an HO motor.

Badge envy is strong with those folks.

One of my many cars I burned through as a yute was a ‘66 Impala four door, painted primer grey and one fender said 283 and the other said SS396. I have no idea how the badges got there, because it had a 327 and dual exhaust. That fucker flew!

I left it where it died last, on a gravel road in Carter Lake Iowa, c1977. Never even got a tow notice or anything.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
The second car I killed was purchased a couple weeks later, on Christmas Day, for $100. A 1968 Ambassador, and it lasted a week. It ceased running when I was power braking it and kinda burning rubber, so a buddy and I pushed it to the roadside. My mom used it as a trade in on a Mazda and got $600 for it, so winning!

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer