Ontopic New Car Thread!

ok thanks for the input.
i’ll mosey on over to the ukelele crew and ask them for advice as they appear to be the only normal dudes here

thank you come again

Sent from my Tapacaca bitchezzz
So, all you want is validation for a decision you already made?

Fuck it, get a station wagon.

i haven’t made any decision you sasquatch!
i’m only asking
i saw one online yesterday.. THATS IT

They suck.

Their interiors are all straight outta 2003. They all have CVT transmissions that take fluid made out of unicorn jizz, so it costs $35/quart (and you have to change all 12 quarts of it every 30k miles). They all have weird alignment specs that fucking eat tires and then tramline the fuck out of you on the freeway. Their profits dropped by 99% last year (that is not hyperbole, it's true).

I wouldn't buy a new Nissan if they paid me to take it off their hands.

In the next 5ish years Nissan is either going to go bankrupt or will completely turn around everything about their company.
The former is more likely.

I've never had good luck dealing with Nissan's when they were in for repairs.

The Rogue has very similar body lines to the Mazda CX-5. Have you looked at those?

are Nissans ok?
i saw a Rogue online and it looked so cute
My co-worker just bought a brand new 2019 Rogue... in 2020. The thing sat on the dealer's lot for a year and they sold it at a loss to get rid of it. He got a good deal on it, and I imagine that costs savings will pay for a fair bit of maintenance down the line.

Haven't sat in it or driven it so I can't really comment further. He's happy with it though.

Might be worth looking into. Hit up the dealer and see if you like it.

In the next 5ish years Nissan is either going to go bankrupt or will completely turn around everything about their company.

The Rogue has very similar body lines to the Mazda CX-5. Have you looked at those?

i think that’s what i have now a mazda cx-something rather

My co-worker just bought a brand new 2019 Rogue... in 2020. The thing sat on the dealer's lot for a year and they sold it at a loss to get rid of it. He got a good deal on it, and I imagine that costs savings will pay for a fair bit of maintenance down the line.

Haven't sat in it or driven it so I can't really comment further. He's happy with it though.

Might be worth looking into. Hit up the dealer and see if you like it.

THANK YOU FOR THE CONSTRUCTIVE REPLY!
i knew i could count on you!

y’all know i just look for “cuteness” while ceo looks at the important details (price!!)

i also saw a cute Kia. i don’t know anyone who owns a Kia lol

• Haha
Reactions: Immigrant
Personally, I'm still firmly in the "buy a couple year old bottom-luxury car and let someone else eat the depreciation" camp.

Our 2017 Audi Q5 with 30,000km on it cost $30K CAD. Previous owner paid $57K in Nov '06, we bought it in May '08. Audi financed it for us with a 3% interest rate over 5 years. No complaints there.

Not saying buy a Q5, but it might be worth perusing the used lots at Audi/Acura/Lexus/whatever too.

ok thanks for the input.
i’ll mosey on over to the ukelele crew and ask them for advice as they appear to be the only normal dudes here

thank you come again

Follow gee advice on getting whatever a couple years old. With scheduled maintenance done they're basically still good as new at that point. Let someone else eat the new depreciation.

Mine and friends experience with Nissan has all been good but they've all been trucks and all older. Newest maybe 2010? Couldn't tell you much about the new stuff.

I will say they used to have cheaper seats than the equivelent Toyota as in how long they held up. Don't know if that's still true and it's probably not even a thing for your tiny self. I am big and heavy and can really break down a car seat, lol.

Go drive one, see what you think.

Scheduled maintenance on most anything is more expensive than it used to be but the stuff they use like the oil and spark plugs and things are also way higher quality than it used to be . Kind of evens out, maybe.

Last edited:
@Maureen

Pass on the Rogue. My neighbors have one they bought used with only 35k miles and it has sat in their driveway more than it’s been driven. One thing after another.

Which pains me slightly because I had a Nissan pickup (years ago) and later, an Xterra which never had any issues and I still miss to this day (sold).

• Gravy
Reactions: Petunia
Some days it doesn't pay to get dressed

SYbYvc0.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: Immigrant