Ontopic New Car Thread!

@Jehannum

Might could get H^3 or Mustard to go look 'em over

Interdasting. I'm gonna be in Austin for the weekend of 29 February, so maybe I can sneak over after I meet my sister's new cuntmuppet.

Could use several interior parts for the yellow Z.

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
Interdasting. I'm gonna be in Austin for the weekend of 29 February, so maybe I can sneak over after I meet my sister's new cuntmuppet.

Could use several interior parts for the yellow Z.

That ought to fill out your garage.

I could tell you condition of the stuff. Pitted, dented, tore out mounting holes, etc. Couldn't tell you "that's X panel that goes here" or realistic $ value.

Ugh, the tail lamp sensor was being a little bitch on the Nissan.

Burned a bulb in the CHMSL. While you can buy bulbs that fit through the holes into the housing, or you can buy bulbs with the correct wattage rating, you can't get bulbs that fit through the hole and are the correct wattage rating (unless you go to Nissan and pay $20/bulb for 'em). So, if you get the bulbs that fit through the holes, the sensor lights up the indicator on the dash that a stop lamp has gone fucky.

I read the wiring diagram, and then completely failed to follow it, and snipped the wrong wire (I had intended to just snip the one that lit the dash lamp, but missed and got the other yellow w/red stripe, which was the running lamp illumination +12V. So, I ended up cutting the plug and sensor off entirely, and just wiring the lamps up directly to their respective 12V sources.

It's just as well, I have a load of LED lamps to put in that would have confused the shit out of it anyhow.

For some reason, there's a spare +12V from the brake pedal switch that I have no idea the purpose of, but I tied it back and made sure everything worked (running lamps, parking lamps, license plate lamps, reverse lamps).

Burned a bulb in the CHMSL. While you can buy bulbs that fit through the holes into the housing, or you can buy bulbs with the correct wattage rating, you can't get bulbs that fit through the hole and are the correct wattage rating (unless you go to Nissan and pay $20/bulb for 'em). So, if you get the bulbs that fit through the holes, the sensor lights up the indicator on the dash that a stop lamp has gone fucky.

I read the wiring diagram, and then completely failed to follow it, and snipped the wrong wire (I had intended to just snip the one that lit the dash lamp, but missed and got the other yellow w/red stripe, which was the running lamp illumination +12V. So, I ended up cutting the plug and sensor off entirely, and just wiring the lamps up directly to their respective 12V sources.

It's just as well, I have a load of LED lamps to put in that would have confused the shit out of it anyhow.

For some reason, there's a spare +12V from the brake pedal switch that I have no idea the purpose of, but I tied it back and made sure everything worked (running lamps, parking lamps, license plate lamps, reverse lamps).

why do you have so many LED lamps

Sent from my Tapacaca bitchezzz

the hunt for my new car has begun.
my father in law is the one taking me to look at cars and do all the wheeling and dealing cuz he’s a pro

what’s a cute electric car ?

If you wanna rile up some panties, get anything stamped “Tesla”.

I think the new Leaf is attractive.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer

Shift lock for cars that came with an auto trans?

Shift lock for cars that came with an auto trans?
No, can't be. It ran into the tail lamp sensor, which is in the driver side rear quarter, hanging on the tail lamp, about as far from the transmission as you can get in the car.

Best guess is that it's a separate channel for the sensor itself to read resistance on, that goes up to the CHMSL.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
my father in law is the one taking me to look at cars and do all the wheeling and dealing cuz he’s a pro

Right now it's Leaf (meh range, bit of an econobox, but aight), Chevy Bolt (same deal), Tesla Model 3 ($$$, will piss people off on here, but probably the best electric car you can buy at a reasonable price), or shell out well over $100K for an Audi e-Tron or some comparable luxury German thing.

In a year or two, the electric everyday Fords/VWs/etc will start hitting the market. That's what I'm waiting for.

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
Right now it's Leaf (meh range, bit of an econobox, but aight), Chevy Bolt (same deal), Tesla Model 3 ($$$, will piss people off on here, but probably the best electric car you can buy at a reasonable price), or shell out well over $100K for an Audi e-Tron or some comparable luxury German thing.

In a year or two, the electric everyday Fords/VWs/etc will start hitting the market. That's what I'm waiting for.

you lost me at CHEVY (ew)

yes model 3 is the one i was just looking at but the price is insane to me

Tesla's the only game in town for prestige/luxury. Even if they've got fit and finish problems, you're probably not going to care about them.

The leaf and the bolt are econotrash, Lexus discontinued their Prius-based model, and I'm not sure whether Audi, Porsche, or Jaguar have brought their electric lines over yet.