New Car Purchase

my homie Knyte..

THOW SOME D'S ON THAT BITCH!!!

(and we goin to ;) )

SRC.. i'll hit you with that #, hopefully tomor.. reading your posts makes sense tho as I read those recalls on the chrysler.. something like "the battery post not screwed all the way down" or something man.. or the seatbelt not bolted to the floor correctly!!! .. procedures i know NOTHING about.. i know where to put the keys.. and the gas.. sux.. didn't have one of those mechanic daddies (not that you did) who taught me that stuff.. argh..

but yeah man.. makes sense.. keepin my fingers crossed.. we were way too eager to buy it.. but they gave us more for her camry than we owed and that just made us foam at the mouth.. :tard: had assumed we'd be upside down.

my one complaint though is the lack of vision.. the sightlines are not good.. maybe just cause i'm tall.. but the rear window is at quite an angle, the back windows are small, hell, all the windows are smaller it seems..

and so you can't see out very good.. esp after we throw the tint on it..

my one complaint though is the lack of vision.. the sightlines are not good.. maybe just cause i'm tall.. but the rear window is at quite an angle, the back windows are small, hell, all the windows are smaller it seems..

and so you can't see out very good.. esp after we throw the tint on it..

yes, the car does have a rather high beltline...there is no way to avoid that and get good side impact protection

SRC.. i'll hit you with that #, hopefully tomor.. reading your posts makes sense tho as I read those recalls on the chrysler.. something like "the battery post not screwed all the way down" or something man.. or the seatbelt not bolted to the floor correctly!!! .. procedures i know NOTHING about.. i know where to put the keys.. and the gas.. sux.. didn't have one of those mechanic daddies (not that you did) who taught me that stuff.. argh..

It does help to have a dad who can work on cars, but thats not where my knowledge came from though, he never had me out "helping" him. It's just something I'm interested in :fly:

Most of them aren't "major" issues, but they are issues and that should be enough. Well I consider it an issue .. considering how much the damn things cost. lol They want your hard earned monies ., they need to keep the quality level up consistant on teh product. I report and send out e-mails daily giving them hell constantly about this stuff :lol:.

Anytime you can come out on top of what you owe on a trade in .. is a good thing. The cars aren't death traps by any means .. and if you got that much for your trade in, it has only 14k miles on it, and you like it .. it should be worth it.

(I drive a Dodge btw lol, so I can't talk *too* much .. I can give them hell though :lol: )

Last edited:
^^wow.. no comment.. you folks must be friends..

trouble yesterday tho.. the wife got carsick driving across tampa bay to work.. there AND back she said.. she attributed it to the window shapes..

i think it was 3 days of anniv celebration.. and the rag.. but iono.. hope it goes better today..

Visit the 300 forums (Google for various ones). Lots of problems with some models. Couple of the weirder ones i've heard of are dashboards warping and the steering wheel pulling to one side.

It does help to have a dad who can work on cars, but thats not where my knowledge came from though, he never had me out "helping" him. It's just something I'm interested in :fly:

Most of them aren't "major" issues, but they are issues and that should be enough. Well I consider it an issue .. considering how much the damn things cost. lol They want your hard earned monies ., they need to keep the quality level up consistant on teh product. I report and send out e-mails daily giving them hell constantly about this stuff :lol:.

Anytime you can come out on top of what you owe on a trade in .. is a good thing. The cars aren't death traps by any means .. and if you got that much for your trade in, it has only 14k miles on it, and you like it .. it should be worth it.

(I drive a Dodge btw lol, so I can't talk *too* much .. I can give them hell though :lol: )

thanks.. feel a little better about it.. coming from an expert and all..

(you guys need a thumbs up emoticon)