New Car Purchase

Shalimar

Like herpes - just appears
Feb 5, 2007
St Pete
www.minglemixx.com
Marklar
₥0

05 Chrysler 300 Limited.. 14,000 miles.. anybody else have one? like it? hate it?

Mama's new car.. anniversary present.. tho we will both contribute on the payments..

i got a pair of shoes.. d'oh!!!

05 Chrysler 300 Limited.. 14,000 miles.. anybody else have one? like it? hate it?

Mama's new car.. anniversary present.. tho we will both contribute on the payments..

i got a pair of shoes.. d'oh!!!

The boyfriend has been looking at Chrysler 300 C's for the past three months. All I hear about. He decided against getting a 2005, because that was when the model was created and the majority of the forum issues are about that year.

thank you dharma.. we like it.. one day i will be 70 and black..

problems in the 05 tho?? :mad: i hate to say.. we didn't do much research..

I don't know what the problems were. Usually when he talks about the car my eyes glaze over, and cartoons start playing in my head . . .

what are we talking about?

The boyfriend has been looking at Chrysler 300 C's for the past three months. All I hear about. He decided against getting a 2005, because that was when the model was created and the majority of the forum issues are about that year.

It is that way for almost every brand new car that a company puts out. Always wait a few years then purchase once they have gotten all the kinks out.

It's like an operating system. Don't buy Vista yet until all the kinks have been ironed out.

It is that way for almost every brand new car that a company puts out. Always wait a few years then purchase once they have gotten all the kinks out.

It's like an operating system. Don't buy Vista yet until all the kinks have been ironed out.

Like you buy any software . . .

All you need to know about the defects of your car:

http://www.automotive.com/2005/12/chrysler/300/recalls/index.html

I could have told you not to buy a Chrysler though ... or American for that matter. They put very little quality into their products .. it's all about quantity these days if you buy American.

1. Chrysler is owned by a German company.
2. The 300 is built off the last generation Mercedes E-Class.

In essence, that's a German car. Still, American cars are actually quite high quality these days, especially since most of them aren't even built in the US. The most American vehicle on the market is the Toyota Tundra; designed by American engineers solely for the American market and built in an American plant by Americans with American-sourced components. The only thing Japanese about the truck is the brand name.

On the opposite side, the engine in the Corvette is built in Mexico while Ford has more than half their plants in Canuckistan and GM is basing half their new models off a chassis that was designed in Detroit for a car built in Germany and then sent to Australia for redesign and sale in the Middle East.

actually .. Chrysler owns more of the company than Mercedes does. Which is why they are taking back control of the Mercedes part, because sales were dropping. I met with Mercedes last week trying to get a control on damages on their export units that are made here and being shipped back over there.

You are quite wrong about where these cars are built. I get cars from American factories all day everyday. True some are out sourced .. but a lot are built right here. They may have parts that are built elsewhere .. but they are assembled right here .. and bottom line .. that's what counts.

I inspect Ford, Honda, Chrysler, and Mercedes products before they ever get to a dealership .. I have for 5 years now. I know what's wrong with them before even the dealership gets them, which sometimes is more than you think.

You might be suprised what they have wrong and fix before they ever get to the dealership.

*edit* What makes the difference in the quality of an American car and an import car = the way the import people want it built vs the way the american people want them pumped out. American car companies let things slide, big time.

*edit again* If you give me your VIN # .. I can look it up on my database and see if it's ever had anything "wrong" with it. As far as damages go.

Last edited:
2GCEK19R8W1147168 :heart:

and design is equally as important as assembly :p you can have the best plant in the world but if crappy engineering went into the car it's going to be a crappy car

2GCEK19R8W1147168 :heart:

and design is equally as important as assembly :p you can have the best plant in the world but if crappy engineering went into the car it's going to be a crappy car

Nothing noted about your car. :D The info I have is only before it's 1st purchase though (new car).

That's true .. but when a well designed car gets put through a crappy assembly line, with people who are told to pump them out .. regardless if all the parts are avaliable to them .. you gotta wonder sometimes.
When the consumer public gets 200 vehicles that are missing, let's say, ohhhh maybe the clips that holds the brake line in place on a F250 4x4 .. then 200 people take this truck out in the woods and since the brake line is not clipped in place (but instead hanging down where rocks, branches, ect can grab it and yank it loose) .. people tend to think it's the manufacturer.

And it is. If they knew the part ran out .. you should stop assembly until you get more, not let them keep going and wait for a consumer to notice it's missing. This happens with more than just brake lines too (that was just a recent example).

This is what I see from our american companies. Can't recall once that happening with a Honda or Mercedes .. happens a lot with Ford's and Chryslers though. And don't even get me started on paint quality *ugh*. I guess since they are in my face everyday .. I get to see their ugly side more often than most.

Nothing noted about your car. :D The info I have is only before it's 1st purchase though (new car).

That's true .. but when a well designed car gets put through a crappy assembly line, with people who are told to pump them out .. regardless if all the parts are avaliable to them .. you gotta wonder sometimes.
When the consumer public gets 200 vehicles that are missing, let's say, ohhhh maybe the clips that holds the brake line in place on a F250 4x4 .. then 200 people take this truck out in the woods and since the brake line is not clipped in place (but instead hanging down where rocks, branches, ect can grab it and yank it loose) .. people tend to think it's the manufacturer.

And it is. If they knew the part ran out .. you should stop assembly until you get more, not let them keep going and wait for a consumer to notice it's missing. This happens with more than just brake lines too (that was just a recent example).

This is what I see from our american companies. Can't recall once that happening with a Honda or Mercedes .. happens a lot with Ford's and Chryslers though. And don't even get me started on paint quality *ugh*. I guess since they are in my face everyday .. I get to see their ugly side more often than most.

Commie