FYI Nest Energy Report :cool:

fly

omg
Oct 1, 2004
Marklar
₥83,301
Steam
mattressfish
So this is kinda neat. I get a report every month from our Nest thermostat.

x8FElGr.png

ZNHoh92.png

Suck it @Domon

Last edited:
Could you really compared to other programmable thermostats?

True, and my gas and electric company sends me a report of usage every month. If I ask they'll tell me how I compare to others in my area. They don't give me leafs or anything but we have tons of deciduous trees around, so I guess I could get some myself. I'm not sure what I'd do with them though.

The Nest does quite a bit more than that. Maybe not enough to justify the price, but its sexy sweet anyway.

Can it adjust upon the txted menses of forum members? Because that about the only other useful thing i could think that you would index on.

My only problem with it all is that since I'm home all day most days I need to be flexible. I only really want to reduce or increase the temp (depending on season) when there's nobody here which isn't very often. I can't just program for different times of day or anything. So being able to text my thermostat and say "please make my house comfy, I'm on my way home" might be useful.

You can tell a stupid amount of personal habits from their data. You can tell precisily when i go to sleep, when i wake up, when i take a shower, when i power up my servers (if i ever power them off), when i use the stove to cook dinner, etc

You cant tell if im in or out of the house though, as i hardly ever use lights, and if i do theyre cfls that dont consume enough energy to cause spikes.

My only problem with it all is that since I'm home all day most days I need to be flexible. I only really want to reduce or increase the temp (depending on season) when there's nobody here which isn't very often. I can't just program for different times of day or anything. So being able to text my thermostat and say "please make my house comfy, I'm on my way home" might be useful.

if you're home, you can push the damn thermostat buttons by hand.