Food nerd thread: Dungeons & Dragons

my little brony

Keep Being A Little Bitch
Oct 15, 2004
Marklar
₥21,495
Hadn't played it in about ten years until I got out here. There was an Army Lt Colonel that wanted to playtest the newest version. Not only was D&D his major hobby but he had a degree in simulation management and had studied tactical decision games at the naval war college. So his job with the army was basically being a professional DM.

We then moved onto a 3.5 campaign, mostly forgotten realms. The first was an epic stat campaign that would have been better if a die roll hadn't made us an evil party. We eventually all murdered each other. We then started a second one with a different DM but his deployment ended so we're going back to the first one with the same characters. Right now I'm playing a level 9 goliath barbarian/peregrine runner. My AC is shit but hit points are stratospheric with all the rage bonuses.

I think the worst thing that happened in the last campaign was in the one of major battles my character was polymorphed into a dog. Took me out of combat but what happened next was worse. The elf cleric dropped his pants - in the middle of combat - and spread peanut butter on his balls. The entire party was silent, DM made me roll a will save. Nat 1. What happened next was unspeakable. It made at least one of the enemies lose his morale and book it. After being returned to mostly normal form the DM made me roll to see if my character remembered. Nope. Then he made me roll again. My character ends up with an intense loathing of peanut butter but he has no idea why.

One of my favorite NPCs in this game was a pair of twins that offered jobs to adventurers. They were half elves named Orànjello and Lemónjello.

doe anyone else still play? :rollout: besides vin diesel

I preferred 2.0 to 3.5. My super nerd friends won't play the new stuff.

Next seems ok. 3 was an abomination. 4 is like mmo crap I think. I'm the only person on earth w ho actually liked thac0 and was sorry to see it go. 2.5 for me

why do you think 3 was an abomination? 3.5 fixed a lot of errors, it's a solid system but some of the prestige races are grossly overpowered

my goliath only has a level adjustment of 1 but I was allowed to do the buyoff since I came up with a pretty decent backstory for it