Tampa Nemo drives in America - on the wrong side of the road

Oh dear - I think we'll likely be in Boston on March 17th :eek: Not sure that's a great idea :lol:

How does one stay off the interstate and actually manage to get anywhere

There are typically highways that parallel the interstates, it is just that there are cities on those highways so it breaks up the speed.
I think hwy 90 parallels I-10 for several states.

I got from Cali to Texas without going on an interstate for more than 45 minutes or so

Last edited:
Nope. Untrue.

It can only be a debit card if you have a utility bill and a bunch of other shit. It's much easier to just use a CC.

Edit: additionally, most CC companies will cover you in a collision. Look at your agreement. We have a discover card that hooks it up so we don't have to take the additional insurance yet still get the benefit.

Last edited:
Can I use someone elses CC

My bro tried to rent a car for me on his card last week. They wouldnt take them because they have to have the person's name who is renting it printed on it. I imagine an authorized user ard (with your name on it) would be fine though.

There are typically highways that parallel the interstates, it is just that there are cities on those highways so it breaks up the speed.
I think hwy 90 parallels I-10 for several states.

I got from Cali to Texas without going on an interstate for more than 45 minutes or so

Ooo. she could do the whole blue ridge parkway, skyline drive kind of thing. Otherwise it's Route 1 that parallels 95 and nobody needs to see what's along Route 1.

Well, since you are driving out to Charleston you probably don't want to do what I said since it is a western route. I 95 is mind-numbingly boring though. You will see nothing besides a divided highway and trees on either side of it for hundreds of miles. If you are looking for fast it is the way to go. If you are looking for scenic it suuuucks. If I were you I might take 17 out of Charleston and meander north up the coast a bit until you hit Norfolk, VA. If you really wanted to see something nice you could skip out to the outer banks of North Carolina. The Cape Hatteras National Seashore is one of the most breathtaking places I've ever seen.