mattressfish
Caffe Amaretto - Swanky Italian Cuisine

CHOICE 1:
  • Bruschetta
    ---
  • Pasta Sampler - Penne alla vodka and tortellini pomodoro
    ---
    Choice of...
  • Veal al pomodoro e Oregano - Sauteed veal with fresh tomato sauce, a touch of garlic and oregano
  • Veal Marsala - Sauteed veal with marsala wine and mushrooms
  • Chicken Fiorentina - Chicken breast topped with mozzarella, spinich, and brandy cream sauce
  • Flounder Cleopatra - Flounder sauteed in a white wine, butter and lemon sauce with artichoke hearts and mushrooms
    ---
  • Dessert and Coffee - desserts change daily
Cost: $32 a head (plus tax and tip)

CHOICE 2:
  • Pasta Sampler - Penne alla vodka and tortellini pomodoro
    ---
  • House salad
    ---
    choice of...
  • Veal Scaloppine Portobello - Sauteed veal with portobello mushrooms, white wine and a touch of demi glace
  • Chicken Fiorentina - Chicken breast topped with mozzarella, spinich, and brandy cream sauce
  • Filetto al Pepe Nero - Tenderloin of beef with peppercorn, brandy and a touch of cream
  • Grouper Livornese - Grouper sauteed with white wine, tomato sauce, garlic, capers and black olives
    ---
  • Dessert and Coffee - desserts change daily
Cost: $37 a head (plus tax and tip)

CHOICE 3:

Something different or cheaper.

Last edited:
Valve1138 said:
dead baby cows

:drool:, I'd take a bite out of cow that was still walking on the farm if I were hungreh enough.

I don't really have an opinion here, so I'll let Kiwi decide.

I think Choice one sounds good, but do you think they would substitute a non-alcoholic sauce for me (I know it's cooked and it's supposed to cook all the alcohol out, but I'm just paranoid cause of the baby and stuff).

I didn't think this needed it's own thread: For the purpose of the meet how do people feel about referring to eachother with our UF screen names as opposed to real names? Not sure why, but I think it'd be hilarious to go places and yell out "Fly, Bubbles, Candy, or Itburnswhenip" in the middle of a crowded place.

Thoughts?

I hate to be complicated, but I have a huge amount of eating restrictions. No fish, no onions, nothing with MSG, no artichokes, no red wine, and I don't eat baby cow out of choice. I'll go with either option, as long as there is something there I can eat. The problem is that without interviewing these people about their cuisine, it's tough to say whether there are "bad for Eileen" ingredients in them. Why do we have to choose in advance anyway? Is there no menu we can each order off of?

eileenbunny said:
I hate to be complicated, but I have a huge amount of eating restrictions. No fish, no onions, nothing with MSG, no artichokes, no red wine, and I don't eat baby cow out of choice. I'll go with either option, as long as there is something there I can eat. The problem is that without interviewing these people about their cuisine, it's tough to say whether there are "bad for Eileen" ingredients in them. Why do we have to choose in advance anyway? Is there no menu we can each order off of?

Please kill yourself.

No, but seriously, my little boy has a peanut allergy and his mom is allergic to spinach and onions, and it's second nature now to break down the menu wherever we go. I feel your pain.

i'll be having the supermac and cheese (hand to God, that's the name.) or the fabulous pork and beans. maybe a salad. peanut butter/honey sandwich DEFINITELY. i'll splurge with a cooked meal of some sort...maybe a casserole. totino's pizza's on the menu, too. bagels with cream cheese, and grilled cheese. a bowl of cereal. you know...whatever my daughter's not going to finish.

kiwi said:
I think Choice one sounds good, but do you think they would substitute a non-alcoholic sauce for me (I know it's cooked and it's supposed to cook all the alcohol out, but I'm just paranoid cause of the baby and stuff).

any doctor will tell you that it's ok to have a single glass of wine during pregnancy. The very very very small amount of alcohol that is in any cooking isn't gonna harm your baby. your liver will get it waaaay before your baby will.

eileenbunny said:
Sadly, with a group of 20, most nice places either give us a limited menu or can't take us at all (cause they call it Valentines weekend). I'll see if I can find any other places tho. I'm sure, if needed, they would let one of us order off the full menu.

fly said:
Sadly, with a group of 20, most nice places either give us a limited menu or can't take us at all (cause they call it Valentines weekend). I'll see if I can find any other places tho. I'm sure, if needed, they would let one of us order off the full menu.

Understood sir. Don't try and find another place on my account. This place sounds very good. I just need to find out what is in the food before I eat it. My only issue is not wanting to spend the entire weekend with a migraine.

eileenbunny said:
Understood sir. Don't try and find another place on my account. This place sounds very good. I just need to find out what is in the food before I eat it. My only issue is not wanting to spend the entire weekend with a migraine.
What can you eat from an Italian resturant? If there is something, I'm sure they can put it together. It's a very nice place staffed by really good people.

What happened to side berns? Was our group too big? Serously though if we could go for Sushi that would kick ass. But I basically eat whatever, although if we were going Italian I'd like to have a salad too.