need some ideas

Thorn Bird

Forum Mom
May 24, 2005
Marklar
₥65
spangelet's class is responsible for creating a theme basket and donating it to the school's fundraising auction. the theme for the basket is "book nook," and it's geared for books etc. for kids. it'd be easy to throw a bunch of books together, and while that's never a bad thing, it'd be great to have some other stuff in there to mix it up a bit. i know you can get some stuffed animals and movies that are centered around books, but what else would be good for the basket? my mother suggested a (handmade:hi2u:) throw to use while reading, which is a great idea. can y'all think of other creative things to add? thanks upfront!
(sorry to make it ontopic, but you pervs need to leave this one alone.:p)

Maybe some type of comfy inflatable kids chair for reading in.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/SPIDERMAN-36-Inflatable-Kids-Chair/dp/B000JG6P5Y"]Amazon.com: Spider-man Inflatable Chair - Spiderman Chair: Toys & Games[/ame]

That type of concept not necessarily that chair.

bookmarks. you can never have enough bookmarks. personally, i use old hotel room keys. i steal them for that very reason. but i'm sure you can come up with something.

bookmarks. you can never have enough bookmarks. personally, i use old hotel room keys. i steal them for that very reason. but i'm sure you can come up with something.

Oooh thats a good idea.

Thorn do you have their reading list for the year? You can pick out a couple books and do themed bookmarks. I could help you with that one.

i love y'all. :heart: thanks for all the great ideas!!
dharm, what do you have in mind? the only requirement for her class is to read 100 books...there are no specifics. thing is, this basket will be available for k-5 to buy, so it's not FOR her class, it's FROM her class. so maybe we could do bookmarks from popular titles or something.

y'all rock. you really do.

Walter's Magic Wand would be a good book to add. "Feeling restless at the library, Walter combines his imagination with his magic wand to bring several exotic books to life and complicate the librarian's tidy existence."

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Walters-Magic-Wand-Eric-Houghton/dp/0531058514/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1221051053&sr=1-2"]Amazon.com: Walter's Magic Wand (9780531058510): Eric Houghton, Denise Teasdale: Books[/ame]

My son has always liked it.

Or Barnyard Boogie.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Barnyard-Boogie-Puppet-Book-Post/dp/1579391303"]Amazon.com: Barnyard Boogie Puppet Book (9781579391300): Jim Post, Daniel Vasconsellos: Books[/ame]

I can still remember a huge portion of that book.

Last edited:
i love y'all. :heart: thanks for all the great ideas!!
dharm, what do you have in mind? the only requirement for her class is to read 100 books...there are no specifics. thing is, this basket will be available for k-5 to buy, so it's not FOR her class, it's FROM her class. so maybe we could do bookmarks from popular titles or something.

y'all rock. you really do.

Do you know what age group that would be for? I know K is like 6 years olds? right?

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/DAulaires-Greek-Myths-Ingri-DAulaire/dp/0440406943/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1221052597&sr=1-1"]Amazon.com: D'Aulaires' Book of Greek Myths (9780440406945): Ingri d'Aulaire, Edgar Parin d'Aulaire: Books[/ame]

ages would range from five to eleven, give or take.

Ok so how about three or four books with matching bookmarks. Oh my gay.

Ok so like.

How to Eat Fried Worms would have a worm bookmark.

James and the Giant Peach could have one with a peach and alligator tongues.

I think that you could stick to the middle of the age group and be fine.

Ok so how about three or four books with matching bookmarks. Oh my gay.

Ok so like.

How to Eat Fried Worms would have a worm bookmark.

James and the Giant Peach could have one with a peach and alligator tongues.

I think that you could stick to the middle of the age group and be fine.

i love you, you fine, creative little monster. :heart: very impressive ideas.