Need some help from someone with a good memory.

I think it just left by word of mouth.

Part of it was that Kyle linked to it directly from the front page of the [H]. Before then, it was just through AIM and such from Tew's friends, etc.

I don't know. So I'm just gonna say sammich. With pickles.

ChikkenNoodul said:
I found it from a post in the General [H]ardware forum, since I wasn't AIM buddies with anyone there at the time

I remember there being several locked threads about it there :fly:

I don't remember if I received a PM or something. I doubt it since I didn't post there often.

All I can remember is when Kyle shut it down...... mass hysteria ensued, there were posts elsewhere in the forums, as well as a link on the front page leading to genmay. Some trite bullshit about "you might even see someone there you know!" is about all I can remember.....

HAHAHAHAHAH

Everyone has a different story. IIRC, the forum was just gone. There was a post about it being gone in General Hardware. Then a day or two later, Kyle put up an annoucement in ALL the forums about genmay and nemeisis...

Yeah, the forum just disappeared. The General Hardware forum was on the front page where General Mayhem used to be so lots of people clicked that by mistake. There were attempts in the Soapbox to talk about it, but any mention was locked, then a warning came into the Soapbox that anyone who talked about General Mayhem missing or linking to new forums would be banned. Someone in the Soapbox had Genmay's site linked in their sig, I followed that, registered and then PM'd a bunch of people trying to talk about it in the Soapbox. (I was relatively new so nobody knew me, lol)

when I was registered on the [H] I was sent some PMs about the upcoming demise of the general topic forum and where the new one would be. I never registered or browsed genmay until a couple years later though.

I wasnt there for it all, but I caught it some checking mail and such at my Fathers house that 4th of July holiday. As it was explained to me then by people there it was just gone. People were told to go to Genmay instead in which I waited a few days to see if it was legit.

Bonnie said:
when I was registered on the [H] I was sent some PMs about the upcoming demise of the general topic forum and where the new one would be. I never registered or browsed genmay until a couple years later though.
You knew ahead of time? WTF