Need some help buying a Bike...

F33nX said:
WINNAR!

i went to dick's today, and didn't see a single bike that was under $250. plus the men's bikes are HUGE (i'm 5'2, i either need a small men's bike or a women's bike). of course i received no help there and that's why i'm back here asking for help:p :heart:

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p...ickid=topnav_search_txt&x=0&parentPage=search

call the store before you go up there to make sure they have one. i had to call a few different stores in the area to find one.

I like that $179.99 Schwinn one a lot, I'll have to call and see if they have it there. Plus I just got a $15 dollar coupon from them in the mail (coincidence? i think not!)

F33nX said:
I like that $179.99 Schwinn one a lot, I'll have to call and see if they have it there. Plus I just got a $15 dollar coupon from them in the mail (coincidence? i think not!)

you'll probably want to get another seat for it. that one will kill your bum.

Honestly, there's really nothing decent that is brand new for under $300. it won't be worth your time and/or money to buy a bike from Walmart, Target, Sears etc.

I have a Consumer Reports mag at home with an article on bikes. When I get home this evening, I will scan it for you.

SpangeMonkee said:
Honestly, there's really nothing decent that is brand new for under $300. it won't be worth your time and/or money to buy a bike from Walmart, Target, Sears etc.

I have a Consumer Reports mag at home with an article on bikes. When I get home this evening, I will scan it for you.
wtf? why? ALL I WANT IS TRANSPORTATION. i don't need the damn thing to fix me breakfast or pleasure me in any other way other than knowing that i can get to work and back! i don't want "decent" or even "good" i want "get me there"