GAY Need recs on TMobile 5G phones $500 or under

I've been really happy with the Moto G line of phones. I've had the G4 and now the G6. My wife has the G7. Though, the Google Pixel 4a looks dope too. Unlocked is the way to go.
I'm on a "Moto G Stylus". It's the same generation as @AppleTurkey 's G7. We don't have many complaints that wouldn't be solved by sitting down and actually fiddling with settings for an hour or so.

wow, it's $99 at Google's fi store today.

Last edited:
That one's $50 at the google play store, so I bought one as a backup.
I'll have had mine for 2yr in April and I still get 2+ days from the battery. Might just be the good case, but I've never had a phone as durable. Survives things like falling from the dash, down the steps, out of a truck cab into gravel at empty parking lot speeds.

The new phone supposedly has an 8 day battery life. 25 hours of talk time.
IIRC its a 5000mAh battery, just like the g7 power? Thats probably 8 days with all the radios off or something. I could push it to four days when it was new with conscientious use.

• Gravy
Reactions: Josh
I'll have had mine for 2yr in April and I still get 2+ days from the battery. Might just be the good case, but I've never had a phone as durable. Survives things like falling from the dash, down the steps, out of a truck cab into gravel at empty parking lot speeds.

Thanks for this. That's the most useful phone review I've ever read.

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
Thanks for this. That's the most useful phone review I've ever read.
Big battery has been my #1 requirement for a phone for a few years, since that's usually what does it in outside of breakage. Been plenty of "thats the one that cracks the screen" moments but fine so far.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Big battery has been my #1 requirement for a phone for a few years, since that's usually what does it in outside of breakage. Been plenty of "thats the one that cracks the screen" moments but fine so far.

Most any phone these days can do what I want them to do, battery + physically tough is really all that matters anymore.

Excellent review.

Most any phone these days can do what I want them to do, battery + physically tough is really all that matters anymore.

Excellent review.
This the case, not super bulky but has a lot of thoughtful energy-absorbing features.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
This the case, not super bulky but has a lot of thoughtful energy-absorbing features.

Nice.
I used to get "otter" cases that had hard plastic inner shell + soft rubber outer shell to get that kind of protection at twice the price.
Progress is progress.