Halp need a new mattress & box spring

Just lay down on a bunch of beds, find one that's comfortable and buy it. When it gets delivered to you it'll have one of those white "Do not remove" tags on it, that basically tells you it's made of 100% all new materials. If it has that, you're good to go.

Make sure to bring an inflatable sheep when testing the beds.

well if you normally sleep with a partner, bring the partner, and both lay on the bed at the same time. Even if you feel like an idiot, you should get a feel for whether you're going to roll together in the middle (which indicates a shitty construction) or if you're going to bounce around whenever she rolls over in her sleep, and such.

well if you normally sleep with a partner, bring the partner, and both lay on the bed at the same time. Even if you feel like an idiot, you should get a feel for whether you're going to roll together in the middle (which indicates a shitty construction) or if you're going to bounce around whenever she rolls over in her sleep, and such.
Oh just assume it's a she, that's progressive.

i slept in a hotel with a sleep number bed for a week.

turns out my sleep number is the couch. definitely avoid that gimmicky bullshit.

They have roadside stands for mattresses all over the place out here. I'll stop by and ask what they cost for you.