Need a cheaper option than this

Ugh, my dad. 50 miles to work everyday. "I HAZ TO HAVE A 4 WHEEL DRIVE TRUCK AND I WONT BUY GAS FOR MYSELF SO YOU HAVE TO DRIVE 10 MILES TO THE GAS STATION EVERY BLEEDING NIGHT TO FILL IT"

Man your fuel budget must be awesome. We spend too much on gas, but I love to go places, and would go somewhere fun every other weekend if I could. Knyte has to drive too far to work, so we put about 1575 a month on the car right now. Also, the non ghetto walmart and super target are likd 7-8 miles away or something like that, and it's worth it to go to them as opposed to the ghetto walmart that's 3 miles away. Granted, I only really go places on Saturday as we only have one car right now, so I don't drive much either.
It definitely is for me. I used to fill up every 1.5-2 weeks. Now I do about every 2-3 weeks or so. Sometimes more, but yeah I don't go very often. We even pretty much only use the CR-V on weekends so the Civic is *mostly* only a commuter car.

The downside is my gas mileage sucks compared to others. Doing all in town driving with most of my trips being so short, I get worse than average mileage than others who drive the same car.

As Luis said there are advantages to a big city though. Our nearest grocery store is 2 blocks from here. Next one is about 1 mile away and the next one is about 1.2. Walmart is 'far' for me being about 6 miles. I don't like it there so we go to Target more which is less than 2 miles.