Neat illustration of where your tax dollars (LOL USA ONLY) will go this year

America can't take them all on at once. Answer to why not all the others. There is the simplest. We can't be everywhere all the time.

And why would I support the people fighting a war I don't. Simple, because they are doing what they are trained to. Some are people I know. they are no different than any of the rest of us, and are not the ones dictating the fight. they are soldiers, not leaders, and to me, are, in most cases, not the object of blame for what is going on there.

Last reply seeing as you're going. Answer to the first is money, not that you can't take them on, it's 'what's in it for me?'

And I don't support anybody that can't think for themselves. I don't understand blindly following orders or wanting to be in that kind of environment. Why would you want to kill people and possibly traumatise yourself for a cause you didn't think was right? Where's your moral compass if you can do that?

A military cannot be effective if it's not willing to follow orders, and it's as simple as that. If you're ordered to go in and machine-gun everyone in an orphanage, then yes, you have a moral responsibility to not do so. However, it's not the place of the military to determine whether they should be fighting in the war they're fighting in.

They let very, very few people into their country every year for tourism, it's virtually impossible to get in because they don't want a Western influence and good on em. Shal if you don't like debate, then just don't, it's that simple. If a thread is made about politics, do you really expect anything other than opinions?

it's not that I don't like them, I, in fact, love them.

but I want to:

a. debate with someone who has an open mind to another opinion

b. debate with someone who uses basic logic in their arguments.

A military cannot be effective if it's not willing to follow orders, and it's as simple as that. If you're ordered to go in and machine-gun everyone in an orphanage, then yes, you have a moral responsibility to not do so. However, it's not the place of the military to determine whether they should be fighting in the war they're fighting in.
I don't see why the military can't decide whether it is necessary and just to enter a war. I know the government is elected, but I think the majority were against the war(s)....

it's not that I don't like them, I, in fact, love them.

but I want to:

a. debate with someone who has an open mind to another opinion

b. debate with someone who uses basic logic in their arguments.

I don't see how you can have much of a formed opinion if it's going to change in a debate. :wtf:
I'm open to listening, but I don't think I'll change my opinion, but then I don't expect anybody else to change theirs either. I like debate because I enjoy (occasionally) dissecting arguments and explaining mine. And I have logic, it just might not seem right in your mind because it's so 'different' to you. Everyone I know would agree that my 'logic' is pretty much the only way they think and they can understand others but not agree with them. Same as me, I can understand, but there's no way I'm agreeing.

Yeah, there are no forseeable problems with that at all.

That's good then. Maybe you should write to Obama and suggest this amendment.
well, I've got an opinion.. but if SOMEONE PRESENTS A BETTER ARGUMENT THAT MAKES SENSE MAYBE I CHANGE IT.

hugs and kisses

I don't see opinions better than mine on many issues, if somebody does write something that makes logical and humane sense to me then I'll change and adapt, but nobody really even approaches from anything like my point of view on here. :p

i was simply applying your logic to another system.

I get it. It wasn't a 'you can do what you want suggestion' more like this. How about the government says 'we employ you to defend the country, here's some info and we think you should go to war, do you agree'. Of course the high brass would have to not be as bent as they probably are, but you get the jist.

That's good then. Maybe you should write to Obama and suggest this amendment.

I don't see opinions better than mine on many issues, if somebody does write something that makes logical and humane sense to me then I'll change and adapt, but nobody really even approaches from anything like my point of view on here. :p

Enemy is superior. :lol: