Ontopic NDAA

Judicial system and judges? Bah.. we don't need no stinkin judicial system or judges. Only need the media and the gov't to try, convict, and punish the masses.

Judicial system and judges? Bah.. we don't need no stinkin judicial system or judges. Only need the media and the gov't to try, convict, and punish the masses.
Just going to point out the Judiciary is part of the government...

ya know...

>.>

let me explain to you how checks & balances work.

1st citizen gets detained
they take it to trial, goes to supreme court
supreme court rules the whole law unconstitutional it's nullified.

Isnt he Canadian? They don't understand that stuff. :p

Doesn't passing laws that are unconstitutional end up wasting money and other resources?

that's assuming that scotus agrees to hear it

or that the circuit court agrees to hear it

or that the district court agrees to hear it

or that any of them, up to and including scotus, actually agrees that it's unconstitutional. I don't have much faith in this court

that's assuming that scotus agrees to hear it

or that the circuit court agrees to hear it

or that the district court agrees to hear it

or that any of them, up to and including scotus, actually agrees that it's unconstitutional. I don't have much faith in this court
Federal District Court would be the court of original jurisdiction, district court judges can involuntary dismiss cases, esp on jurisdiction or "no remedy," but not refuse them. Circuit courts have defined classes of discretionary review and mandatory review. Supreme Court is the only one with unlimited discretion.

Default judgement and involuntary dismissal are entirely different than discretionary review, i.e. you need a final judgement before you can even have a concept of review.

Last edited: