Hawt NBD

This was before sweet wines became so prevalent. Wine is supposed to be dry. Like sand that is so fine it seems like a liquid but it’s not.
I like some different kinds of wine but none of them super sweet.

The old lady likes merlot, that's it. She really likes merlot but forget about trying to pair different wines with different foods and stuff, just everything merlot.
She's not a big drinker. Merlot, Bloody Mary, or Margarita, that's about it. Low tolerance too so cheap date, unless weed and enchiladas are involved.

This one time many years ago not long after we first met she showed up at this bar I used to go drink at after work with a couple other ironworkers on our crew. Real shithole dive. The bartenders face looked like it got ran over by a truck but she had a great ass.
So the old lady comes in and sees this ass bent over digging some beers out of a cooler or something and she's like, "oh I see why you come here" and I'm like, "just give it a minute", then the chick turns around and the old lady damn near flew backwards off her stool out of some combination of fear and surprise.

So she starts slamming bud lights or something showing us she could hang with the guys, drinking them way faster than she could feel them and I knew what was coming. So after a few of these they started kicking in and she started looking sickly and I'm like hey we need to go outside and get some air.
Her, "no I'm fine".
Me, "no come on let's just go hang out by the truck for a bit, we'll come back in in a little bit".

So I get her outside and it's really catching up with her so I tell her she needs to puke that stuff up or its really gonna hurt later and she's like no I don't have to throw up and I'm like oh yes you do and I bent her over and shoved my finger down her throat and made her throw up (for her own good mind you) and she had drank so fast the beer coming out of her stomach, flowing over my hand, was still cold!

Anyway the rest of the night went fairly well and later on she thanked me for doing that.

It's one of our little things we'll bring up or joke about once in awhile, how the beer was still cold, and the butterface bartender.

That place hasn't been there for a long time. Got tore down to make way for a new highway interchange/expansion.

I like some different kinds of wine but none of them super sweet.

The old lady likes merlot, that's it. She really likes merlot but forget about trying to pair different wines with different foods and stuff, just everything merlot.
She's not a big drinker. Merlot, Bloody Mary, or Margarita, that's about it. Low tolerance too so cheap date, unless weed and enchiladas are involved.

This one time many years ago not long after we first met she showed up at this bar I used to go drink at after work with a couple other ironworkers on our crew. Real shithole dive. The bartenders face looked like it got ran over by a truck but she had a great ass.
So the old lady comes in and sees this ass bent over digging some beers out of a cooler or something and she's like, "oh I see why you come here" and I'm like, "just give it a minute", then the chick turns around and the old lady damn near flew backwards off her stool out of some combination of fear and surprise.

So she starts slamming bud lights or something showing us she could hang with the guys, drinking them way faster than she could feel them and I knew what was coming. So after a few of these they started kicking in and she started looking sickly and I'm like hey we need to go outside and get some air.
Her, "no I'm fine".
Me, "no come on let's just go hang out by the truck for a bit, we'll come back in in a little bit".

So I get her outside and it's really catching up with her so I tell her she needs to puke that stuff up or its really gonna hurt later and she's like no I don't have to throw up and I'm like oh yes you do and I bent her over and shoved my finger down her throat and made her throw up (for her own good mind you) and she had drank so fast the beer coming out of her stomach, flowing over my hand, was still cold!

Anyway the rest of the night went fairly well and later on she thanked me for doing that.

It's one of our little things we'll bring up or joke about once in awhile, how the beer was still cold, and the butterface bartender.

That place hasn't been there for a long time. Got tore down to make way for a new highway interchange/expansion.
You should write a book of stories that have actually happened to you. Little one or two page stories. I’d keep it in the bathroom.

You should write a book of stories that have actually happened to you. Little one or two page stories. I’d keep it in the bathroom.
Theres quite a few. Some of them really aren't that extraordinary or at least nothing anyone else with some years under their belt doesn't have some version of. The rest I'll make public after I'm retired and don't need to get a job anymore and after my parents have passed away because they don't need to be stumbling across that shit. May need to look up statutes of limitations on a few too.

There was this one time we were playing this gig at a biker run in East Texas.....

• Gravy
Reactions: OOD and Immigrant
I didn’t read, I’ll admit it. The bridge is on my mind.

When Badass Leo Quan stopped making them (did they?), Fender started making a similar yet better looking and user friendly version they could slap on their Geddy Lee basses. My Reverse Jag had one. The original Badass required the user to file string slots IIRC. In my opinion, they were overrated. And kind of sloppily put together, especially compared to the one on OOD’s bass.

Hipshot makes a Badass replacement now and has for a few years, but Fender knows they don’t need to use it and make their own, or has em made whatever.

I used to put effort into bridge shit but I don’t give a rip anymore. Stopped before I got sick too. It’s nothing new. But if I’m having a bass built or MTP need to replace one, the Hipshot “A” is what I’d buy.

I didn’t read, I’ll admit it. The bridge is on my mind.

When Badass Leo Quan stopped making them (did they?), Fender started making a similar yet better looking and user friendly version they could slap on their Geddy Lee basses. My Reverse Jag had one. The original Badass required the user to file string slots IIRC. In my opinion, they were overrated. And kind of sloppily put together, especially compared to the one on OOD’s bass.

Hipshot makes a Badass replacement now and has for a few years, but Fender knows they don’t need to use it and make their own, or has em made whatever.

I used to put effort into bridge shit but I don’t give a rip anymore. Stopped before I got sick too. It’s nothing new. But if I’m having a bass built or MTP need to replace one, the Hipshot “A” is what I’d buy.
As far as I know the difference between the original Badass and the BadassII was that the II had its mounting screw holes placed to match up with a standard Fender bent plate bridge so you didn't have to drill holes in your fender bass to mount one.

My BadassII mounted right on my P bass, holes matched up, but it didn't have any slots in the saddles, strings just angled over a sharp-ish edge.

I never missed the slots, things worked just fine without them, then again if I played the bass with the Badass and another one with the stock fender bridge I couldn't tell the difference between them either. Maybe I just hadn't sniffed enough corks to appreciate the nuance.

I went back and read, and I’m damn happy I did. Cold puke indeed.

I had a similar incident with my son’s mom and french fries were in the mix. I had to hose down the driveway.

• Haha
Reactions: HipHugHer
The YouTube chef had just brought dinner, so I needed to hurry. Lasagna.
I'm glad to hear the chef cares for you guys and gals. She should be commended, taking time to learn and make good stuff out of whatever's available. Far too easy for someone else to just "slop the hogs" and collect a check, or brown-nose upper management saving another $.04 per meal while still meeting some so-called minimum requirement.

What's her number?

I'm glad to hear the chef cares for you guys and gals. She should be commended, taking time to learn and make good stuff out of whatever's available. Far too easy for someone else to just "slop the hogs" and collect a check, or brown-nose upper management saving another $.04 per meal while still meeting some so-called minimum requirement.

What's her number?

I’m pretty sure she plays for the other team. She claims to be 47 but looks 33. Wears scrubs on weekdays, basketball jerseys on weekends. Boy haircut. Everyone here is Filipino. Not all related, but half are. She has made one Filipino dish and the rest are all from YouTube, and she nails it. Man, I’m so fucking full right now I can barely think, which is a double edged sword because it makes breathing more difficult. I need to talk to her and have her serve lime less because I clean the plate every time, and it’s hurting me now.

Theres quite a few. Some of them really aren't that extraordinary or at least nothing anyone else with some years under their belt doesn't have some version of. The rest I'll make public after I'm retired and don't need to get a job anymore and after my parents have passed away because they don't need to be stumbling across that shit. May need to look up statutes of limitations on a few too.

There was this one time we were playing this gig at a biker run in East Texas.....
Write it as fiction under a different name. Market it near Atlanta.

• Gravy
I’m pretty sure she plays for the other team. She claims to be 47 but looks 33. Wears scrubs on weekdays, basketball jerseys on weekends. Boy haircut. Everyone here is Filipino. Not all related, but half are. She has made one Filipino dish and the rest are all from YouTube, and she nails it. Man, I’m so fucking full right now I can barely think, which is a double edged sword because it makes breathing more difficult. I need to talk to her and have her serve lime less because I clean the plate every time, and it’s hurting me now.
So what if she plays for the other team somebody like that still needs their dinner bought and door held for and treated like a lady. We need more folks like that.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
So what if she plays for the other team somebody like that still needs their dinner bought and door held for and treated like a lady. We need more folks like that.

I’m sorry. I didn’t understand the “What’s her number?” thing, and still don’t really.

I’d like to ask for a little extra space to be dumb because I really don’t trust my brains at all at this point. The past couple days have been extra morphine days and even though I feel pretty normal, I don’t trust myself at all.

I know for a fact it increases my attention deficit symptoms, which is why I only made it halfway through the Bob Ross documentary. I normally could watch something like that standing on my head, plus a few more after that.

I’m sorry. I didn’t understand the “What’s her number?” thing, and still don’t really.

I’d like to ask for a little extra space to be dumb because I really don’t trust my brains at all at this point. The past couple days have been extra morphine days and even though I feel pretty normal, I don’t trust myself at all.

I know for a fact it increases my attention deficit symptoms, which is why I only made it halfway through the Bob Ross documentary. I normally could watch something like that standing on my head, plus a few more after that.
What's her number as in phone number as in I want to take her out, take her home, make mad passionate love or bake cookies or something.

They still sound great and are easy to mix but we got so much more stuff available to us now.
Totally agree. They're a great bass if you are a follower of "no money above 5th fret". P just doesn't cut it if you are a 10th fret and higher noodler.

Not of fan of blending pickups on the bass either. Switch is fine/plenty: A, B or A&B equally. That'll do, bass. :lol:

• Gravy

Every once in a while I recall your story of the guy wiping his ass with his bandana after shitting and putting it back on. :lol:

Sorry I made the Badass bridge comment. I didn't figure like an original BA - as noted, they're just a sturdy bridge and easily copied. I like the slots - why not? But agree they don't regularly make a bit of difference. Sure, for a split second the saddle might not wander L/R while you are restringing. Cutting edge tech:lol:

• Gravy