NBC broadcaster John Madden retires

Floptical

Doesnt Read Thread Titles
Sep 1, 2006
Rockies
Marklar
₥34,710
NEW YORK – John Madden is calling it quits.

NBC said Thursday that the burly ex-coach who has been one pro football's top broadcast analysts has decided to retire. The 73-year-old Madden has been working for the past three seasons on NBC's Sunday night NFL game. His last telecast was the Super Bowl between Arizona and Pittsburgh.

Since he left coaching in 1979, the former Oakland Raiders coach has worked as an analyst for all four broadcast networks. His "Madden NFL Football" is the top-selling sports video game of all time.

Madden is reluctant to fly and often traveled to games in a specially-equipped bus. He said in a statement that he still loves all aspects of the job, "but I know this is the right time."

Madden is retiring?

You see John Lynch there staring at Martin Grammatica? He doesn't even speak English and doesn't know what he's saying

When your arm gets hit, the ball is not going to go where you want it to

He would have scored a touchdown if he hadn't been tackled right there

OK, at this point in the game you want to be ahead

The point of getting the ball into the end zone is to get those 6 points on the board...and if they're up for it, they can actually kick the ball afterwards for an extra point.

From the waist down, Earl Campbell has the biggest legs I have ever seen on a running back.

You know that thing where an unstoppable force meets an immovable object? Well, the unstoppable force won that one.

Last edited:
i'm seeing huge, stamping or flaming graphics saying "END ZONE", WWE Raw style and a 2 hour special on just how fantastic a guy who talked about sports was and the shining example he gave to our lives.

and then lots of people will talk about how great he was because noone could quite say player names like him and how football has changed forever.

his commentary has been awful for about the last 15 years imo

he jumped the shark when he started riding around in the outback tour bus

Looks like this thread will beat mine, so I'll just put these here.
You see John Lynch there staring at Martin Grammatica? He doesn't even speak English and doesn't know what he's saying

When your arm gets hit, the ball is not going to go where you want it to

He would have scored a touchdown if he hadn't been tackled right there

OK, at this point in the game you want to be ahead

The point of getting the ball into the end zone is to get those 6 points on the board...and if they're up for it, they can actually kick the ball afterwards for an extra point.

From the waist down, Earl Campbell has the biggest legs I have ever seen on a running back.

You know that thing where an unstoppable force meets an immovable object? Well, the unstoppable force won that one.

I guess Farve and Madden can be together now.
maddenfavre.jpg

Madden is awesome.

Also, I want his bus. But only if it comes with the driver, chef, manservant, free gas, food and internet access.