WTF Native Americans are descendants of Israel

OzSTEEZ

¡ɟɟo ʞɔnɟ ʇunɔ 'ᴉO
Nov 11, 2008
Oz
Marklar
₥25,442
http://gawker.com/5617069/glenn-beck-lets-the-mormon-out-while-talking-about-native-americans

Do you know what Mormons, like Glenn Beck, believe? That Native Americans are descendants of Israel whom Jesus visited, in America, after the resurrection. Yes! And here Glenn Beck is on his TV show last night hinting at that.

This was part of a series about the idea of Manifest Destiny (how it was bad, and it was!) versus that of Divine Providence (this is good, apparently) and Glenn was simply trying to show that the Native Americans had lots of secrets and knowledge that we could have gleaned from them had the early settlers not been so gung-ho with their Poison Blanket Initiative and "Shocketh & Awe". Which is a worthy thing to talk about, certainly. But the way Beck seeks to prove his point is through a strange "history" lesson segment about mysterious stones found buried in Ohio (sounds similar to something that happened in upstate New York...) that had ancient "block Hebrew" writing on them. What does this mean???, Glenn questions. He doesn't provide an answer, but he is surely getting at the idea that maybe, mayyyyyyyybe, Joseph Smith wasn't a lying, cheating, scrying huckster-turned-megalomaniac. Maybe the Native Americans really were visited by Jesus and were from Israel and thus wrote things down in "block Hebrew" and buried them in Ohio.
What I'm curious about is if Glenn's devoted non-Mormon Christian voters picked up on this and if they were willing to follow him down this peculiar road. I'm also curious as to how someone who believes this stuff has a show that's allegedly about facts on an allegedly factual news station. But oh well.
(It's also kind of great when Beck says, essentially, "But forget about the Native American genocide! That's in the past. Now, let's talk about the past.")

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I saw the title and wondered if this was a Mormon thread. Instead, its a Beck/Mormon hybrid. I think the internet just divided by zero.

I saw the title and wondered if this was a Mormon thread. Instead, its a Beck/Mormon hybrid. I think the internet just divided by zero.

I wonder how many groups the right can ostracize just so they can gain power and deceive those who supported them?

I'm just saying it. For the record. I can see this turning into an "lol mormon" thread and I really like Kiwi and Knyte. If they were assholes I wouldn't care.

Native Americans are descended from asians, who are descended from Africans. Israel isn't in this equation.

I saw something on nat geo channel recently (I think it was nat geo) about a tribe of native americans that believes they are indeed jewish descendants

Tru.dat They've made me rethink the Mormon stereotype.
You know, I've heard stuff like this before, and I guess it must just come from mainstream media, because I grew up with kids that were raised Mormon and I always thought of how nice and respectful they and their parents were.

Quite a bit different from the "in your face" Catholicism I was also faced with.

And no, I'm not lumping all, or even most, Catholics in that category, since most that I've had personal experience with have been great people, it was just a select few.

you're talking about mormonism right?

The native american/middle eastern connection. It's been more or less totally disproven through genetic research, and it's been quite a while since I've heard anyone in any official church position mention it. Granted, I haven't been paying much attention lately.

Last edited:
weren't you kicked out of the church for asking some random douchebag to remove your email from his address book?

i'm pretty sure i remember signing him up for a bunch of random jewish newsletters.

The native american/middle eastern connection. It's been more or less totally disproven through genetic research, and it's been quite a while since I've heard anyone in any official church position mention it. Granted, I haven't been paying much attention lately.

I can't what for the Church of Ghost. Is there a secret handshake? :omy: