FYI National Debt

but then the products would cost more. it's easy to make cheap products using other countries slave labour.

True it would. But ultimately the interest on the loans used to pay for the products America buys will add up and cost Americans more than producing it here at home.

Stop by Home Depot and check out the tools, from hammers to sanders. How many are made in China? Almost all of them.

Everything in Wal-Mart is made in China.

I'd gladly spend more on American made goods, if they were constructed of actual sturdy components. Metal, for example. Whatever happened to metal?

Social Security is screwed because of the baby boomers.

Yup.

I never understood why they never raised the collection age when lifespans were getting longer and longer. when it started, very few would actually live long enough to start collecting. Now people are not only living but working up to and past that age.

If that were the case, I'd want to make sure the country had health insurance everyone could afford.

But that's why they are working until 70+, so they can afford health care now. Just have to keep it up for longer, that's all, those lazy bitches. My grandfather worked until he was 88.