fly

omg
Oct 1, 2004
Marklar
₥83,323
Steam
mattressfish
So my home server died. :(

Anyone aware of a NAS that will run WHS that ISNT the HP MediaSmart line? I already own the OS, so I'd prefer to not have to buy it again. Preferably something with 4 bays. Help me UF

So my home server died. :(

Anyone aware of a NAS that will run WHS that ISNT the HP MediaSmart line? I already own the OS, so I'd prefer to not have to buy it again. Preferably something with 4 bays. Help me UF

If you want a cheap MediaSmart 470, I'll have a couple for cheap after Thanksgiving. Just need to grab the restore disc set from my parents place in Florida when I'm there.

What happened to yours?

If you want a cheap MediaSmart 470, I'll have a couple for cheap after Thanksgiving. Just need to grab the restore disc set from my parents place in Florida when I'm there.

What happened to yours?

Oh really? I just had a repurposed old box that died. I had a plan to replace it with a newer old pc, but apparently that mobo is also dead. FUCK

Ahh in that case I wouldn't bother with a Mediasmart since you can't use your license.

Yeah, I was hoping for an OS free NAS box that could run WHS. Oh well. Technically I would like to get 2008 Hypervisor up, so I can run multiple OSs on a server. Guess I'll end up doing that.

WHS ran brilliantly on my Via board. I think that bitch was 35W total.

Still rocking Drobo on my 5600+ AM2 with 4gb though :drool: