GAY NaNoWriMo

also, passive voice is killing ya. I realize theyre synopses which are more likely to read like that, but still

I will read.

Love reading the stuff from r/writingprompts and r/hfy

Hmmm, as to a title. Tell us more about the tone. Is it super serious, narrative? character driven or environment driven?

Im feeling something with the word "darkness" in the title.
hfy is the worst thing to find a few minutes before bedtime

I started reading one of the various ongoing series they have going on only to realize there's so much interweaving between writers and concurrent stories that I'd have to spend forever making sure I was caught up so fuck that

but still, the one shots are amazing

no no this thread is for all writers

a friend in my D&D group is a young adult author but wants to stop writing YA and break into cyberpunk/science fiction

I had given a couple of ideas and now she wants to collaborate to write a novel set in the near future focusing on transhumanism and bioethics. So thanks for creating this thread, I might use it to throw ideas out there and see what sticks. :D

• Gravy
Reactions: MadDog
hfy is the worst thing to find a few minutes before bedtime

I started reading one of the various ongoing series they have going on only to realize there's so much interweaving between writers and concurrent stories that I'd have to spend forever making sure I was caught up so fuck that

but still, the one shots are amazing

I'm digging the new thing they are throwing out there, that Mankind is alone in the universe, but only because they are the first ones to become sentient in it. Others will follow, and the ruins of our civilization will one day be stumbled upon as an 'elder race'

also, passive voice is killing ya. I realize theyre synopses which are more likely to read like that, but still

Those are 100% pure just brain dump. I haven't gone back into them and revisited them in a while. This thread made me bring them back up. I've got 6 real potentials right now to choose from.

I'm digging the new thing they are throwing out there, that Mankind is alone in the universe, but only because they are the first ones to become sentient in it. Others will follow, and the ruins of our civilization will one day be stumbled upon as an 'elder race'

hence my desire for a robot body and immortality. I want to visit such worlds and violate the fuck out of the prime directive

Sup, I'm writing a novel for national novel writing month, 50k words in a month. I've always wanted to write something, I don't expect it to be good but that isn't the point. Anyways I need a title for the book.

Its scifi/horror, think The Thing in space. Takes place on a research station at the edge of known space, name of the station is MacReady station (kurt russel's character in the thing was named RJ MacReady), and MacReady Station is so far what I'm thinking about for a name.

I just started today so don't have much written.

i lovveeeeeee writing.
i have written TONS of short stories since i was a kid
have a half ass finished manuscript written, i stopped writing it after I had kiko... just little bits here and there. its about 2 runaway hookers. no joke.
i loved my english and writing courses !

good luck with this! how exciting!!!

• Gravy
Reactions: MadDog
i can only imagine the type of The Breakfast Club style hooker-stories kiki would write.

i lovveeeeeee writing.
i have written TONS of short stories since i was a kid
have a half ass finished manuscript written, i stopped writing it after I had kiko... just little bits here and there. its about 2 runaway hookers. no joke.
i loved my english and writing courses !

good luck with this! how exciting!!!
I remember your blog. lololol