Ontopic NAACP Leader Lies About Race (is actually white)

Floptical

Doesnt Read Thread Titles
Sep 1, 2006
Rockies
Marklar
₥34,706
Anyone see this story where the head of the Spokane Washington chapter of the NAACP has been lying about her race and is actually white? Super odd situation her parents came out and said "no she's white and we aren't sure why she's been portraying herself as black for years". She's clearly tanned her skin or uses makeup as well as altered her hair. The video is great when the reporter catches her in a lie.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/...dent-rachel-dolezal-say-she-not-black-n374301

• Gravy
Reactions: CletusJones
The NAACP is fine with her and wants her to continue her job last I read. What is so unstable about her?

Well we can start with the identity crisis and her spinning a fake reality. And this isn't about her work with the NAACP because I'm sure she's done great things. It's about how she represented herself to get there as well as her other positions.

• Gravy
Reactions: CletusJones
The NAACP is fine with her and wants her to continue her job last I read. What is so unstable about her?
Lying about her race, lying about her father, lying about her brother being her son, being under investigation for making up a story about racially charged threats directed at her...yeah she sounds mentally stable. :wtf:

Last edited:
I don't think it was a con because I have yet to hear of anyone harmed by her decision to do this. A con, by definition, harms others. Labeling yourself as black in this country gives you a disadvantage more than an advantage

As for her identity crisis being an indicator of being unstable, that's a pretty wide brush to start painting with. On one end you have every transsexual, and on the other side you have every teenager since they determined a need to define people as teenagers.

I don't think it was a con because I have yet to hear of anyone harmed by her decision to do this. A con, by definition, harms others. Labeling yourself as black in this country gives you a disadvantage more than an advantage

As for her identity crisis being an indicator of being unstable, that's a pretty wide brush to start painting with. On one end you have every transsexual, and on the other side you have every teenager since they determined a need to define people as teenagers.

So if you got a job based on something you put on your application and it was false that wouldn't be a con? Or let's just say you led a group of activists in Tampa for wounded Special Ops guys and you led everyone on to believe you were a wounded Special Ops guys. How is that not a con?

• Gravy
Reactions: Peppers
@Floptical
Bruce Jenner/Caitlin

Con?

they were talking about this on the radio Friday morning, & the host said, "what makes her any different than someone who believe they were born the wrong sex? The media is having a love fest with Bruce/Caitlin, why not this girl?"

I agree it's a very fine line. I think if this lady came out and said look I'm white but I feel like I'm a black person inside so I'm going to live like as a black person I think it might be different assuming she would be accepted vs. what happened.

• Gravy
Reactions: Amstel
Small difference is that Bruce/Cailtin hasn't been pretending to have been a woman all his/her adult life and even shown photos of a husband (read black dad) to prove it. He/she also hasn't been picked as the female representative on committees because no-one knew. There's changing things about yourself and out and out lies.

:):)
Small difference is that Bruce/Cailtin hasn't been pretending to have been a woman all his/her adult life and even shown photos of a husband (read black dad) to prove it. He/she also hasn't been picked as the female representative on committees because no-one knew. There's changing things about yourself and out and out lies.

That's exactly what I was trying to say earlier you got it across better than I did.