Marklar
₥84,080
Steam
mattressfish
9:00pm
MythBusters
Air Plane Hour
TV-PG

Jamie and Adam take wing to test if a person with no flight training can safely land an airplane and if a plane can take off from a conveyor belt speeding in the opposite direction. Tory, Grant, and Kari jump on some Hollywood-inspired skydiving myths.

THEY DIDNT SHOW THE PLANE TAKE OFF. ARGH.

Either way, this proves it too

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EopVDgSPAk"]YouTube - Plane vs. Treadmill Solved![/ame]

No matter how fast the treadmill is going, the plane accelerates normally.

Because despite allowing Bear to have his show on the Discovery Channel they don't fully want to cater to that level of stupidity.

Yet.

Dear all,

As wbarnhill called out, I thought I should step in to what is rapidly becoming a hornet's nest. I will try to calm things down but I don't hold out much hope!

First up, for those concerned that this story has been cancelled, don't worry, planes on a conveyer belt has been filmed, is spectacular, and will be part of what us Mythbusters refer to as 'episode 97'. Currently that is due to air on January 30th.

Secondly, for those very aggrieved fans feeling "duped" into watching tonight's show, I can only apologise. I'm not sure why the listings / internet advertised that tonight's show contained POCB. I will endeavour to find out an answer but for those conspiracy theorists amongst you, I can assure you that it will have just been an honest mistake. At one point
several months ago, POCB was going to be part of Airplane Hour. Somewhere, someone has mistakenly posted the wrong listing. It will have been a genuine mistake but nonetheless it was a mistake which is unacceptable. As said I will try to find out what went wrong and hope that you will see fit to forgive the team at Discovery.

Thanks in advance,

Dan
exec producer

cliffs: jan 30th for PoaT

Well that's nice, a genuine apology. I'm not a diehard fan of the show (i.e. going to their website every day, participating in the forums, and/or fansites), but it is nice someone is willing to step forward and admit a mistake.

Regardless, it was a great show. A simulaid being dropped from 4,000ft. hahahah

Well that's nice, a genuine apology. I'm not a diehard fan of the show (i.e. going to their website every day, participating in the forums, and/or fansites), but it is nice someone is willing to step forward and admit a mistake.

Regardless, it was a great show. A simulaid being dropped from 4,000ft. hahahah

I couldnt help but laugh my ass off every time that dummy smacked the ground:lol:

Best fall or hit taken was when Torri was riding the "wizard of oz" type bike on the runway at that abandoned naval air base, and he tried to jump something and totally face planted. I seriously wonder how he walked away from that, without a broken arm, scraped face, etc.

They proved to me that I can talk on my cell phone while pumping gas but do not get in and out of your car while doing it or the static discharge could blow you up.