My week in pics

strawberry love

Sex sent me to the ER
Oct 13, 2004
Marklar
₥2,672
So yea, I spent a week at my grandmother's house in the Dominican Republic, where I had, no access to cable tv, a computer (and the internet), or my cell phone. wee!

They built a new airport in Santiago, so a lot of houses on the countryside were forced to relocate, including my grandparents. So with the money the airport folks gave them, they built this house:
dr1.jpg

The airport is essentially still next to their backyard though…you can always hear the planes landing, and taking off.
dr2.jpg

My grandparents’ front neighbors…
dr3.jpg

The view down their ‘street’
dr4.jpg

Wee pretty flower!
dr5.jpg

My grandmother keeps pigeons in here, I guess as pets, I dunno, she’s an odd one.
dr8.jpg

A shit load of banana/plantains/whatever trees
dr6.jpg

Watch out for the mosquitoes, they bite…my brother got this on his ear the first night…
dr7.jpg

I got one on my forehead the next day.
dr9.jpg

I went to visit my cousin, and she got her personal spa/whatever person to come in and give me a facial…
dr10.jpg

…my brother got one too.
dr11.jpg

Her house is the tan one on the left, on the right, her younger sister. My uncle is pretty successful and got his daughters twin homes.
dr12.jpg

One of the many farms/ranch/whatever he runs
dr13.jpg

He raises chickens too…these were 3 weeks old.
dr14.jpg

dr15.jpg

He lines the bottom of the cages with this stuff…
dr21.jpg

There’s rice in there! Weee!
dr22.jpg

Wee more animals…
dr16.jpg

I felt bad for the little one, he kept getting run over.
dr17.jpg

A Haitian family that lives in his property. She’s pregnant with her 7th kid.
dr18.jpg

My other grandmother’s house.
dr24.jpg

The lizard that likes to hang out in her back terrace.
dr19.jpg

Random picture while I was out walking.
dr20.jpg

What all the signs look like when you’re out driving.
dr23.jpg

Well, that’s it. Not all that glamorous, we went to spent time with family…and help out some of the poor folks that live around my grandparents’. I still had a good time. How was your week?

You realize that I am sitting behind a desk in my drab office having to work while you're having a good time in another country, right?

If you weren't cute I'd do something terrible to you.

Great pics by the way :).

KNYTE said:
You realize that I am sitting behind a desk in my drab office having to work while you're having a good time in another country, right?

If you weren't cute I'd do something terrible to you.

Great pics by the way :).

but im home now :eek:

kiwi said:
Yes, very nice pics. I want to go somewhere tropical.

I took over 200 pictures. :p Next time, we're going to rent a car so we can road trip around the country. I missed seeing the beachy side of DR :eek:

Awesome, but a runway in your backyard? I honestly can't think of anything worse than that. A cursed Indian burial ground would be preferable.

Flamer McDickchugger said:
Awesome, but a runway in your backyard? I honestly can't think of anything worse than that. A cursed Indian burial ground would be preferable.

we went to see my grandparent's old house, and it was sad seeing it behind the metal fence that indicates where airport property begins :( my grandfather really loved that house. and it had a cool limonsillo tree! [im not sure what the name of the fruit is in english :eek: ]

sizzlinggrace said:
we went to see my grandparent's old house, and it was sad seeing it behind the metal fence that indicates where airport property begins :( my grandfather really loved that house. and it had a cool limonsillo tree! [im not sure what the name of the fruit is in english :eek: ]

Yep that's really, really lame. :(

ceiling fly said:
That place looks pimp. Why arent you living there and working on the farm?

if you have the right job, you can live very very nicely there. My parents are going to move back for their retirement. However, unless you own a business, or whatnot, you dont make enough to make a move worth it.

I don't think I would ever move permanently though. Maybe a summer house or something. :eek:

why_ask_why said:
neat pics...looks like it was an interesting trip

it really was. we went around visiting old friends and neighbors of my mom...we met this 16 year old boy who's in a wheelchair because he got struck with a desease that stunted his growth. His mom died four years ago, and his dad is a bum, his uber old granddad takes care of him. He can't walk, talk, or do anything. We left him a lot of supplies they needed. People are so poor around there. :( All the money we spent while we were there was given away to those in need.