My turn to ask a question

Great. Just soooper. So I'm not allowed to have an opinion either? You don't need to make a thread to explain why I am wrong and you are right. I don't care what you post or what you say. It usually doesn't contribute anything anyway, just sounds pissy. I was joking when I made my thread, but now that you and Galen have taken it as a personal attack, I guess I will take both of your retaliations personal as well.

Never listen to Bubbles, she is a dumb whore who can't manage money, or hold together a relationship, and she can't have an original thought in her head anyway.

Bubbles said:
Great. Just soooper. So I'm not allowed to have an opinion either? You don't need to make a thread to explain why I am wrong and you are right. I don't care what you post or what you say. It usually doesn't contribute anything anyway, just sounds pissy. I was joking when I made my thread, but now that you and Galen have taken it as a personal attack, I guess I will take both of your retaliations personal as well.

Never listen to Bubbles, she is a dumb whore who can't manage money, or hold together a relationship, and she can't have an original thought in her head anyway.
You can have an opinion, but if you are going to share yours, expect to receive everyone else's as well.

Edit : and I don't see where anyone is calling you dumb or a whore either.

Last edited:
fly said:
Where was Robert angsty? Did I miss that?

Well... I don't exactly have a lot of experience with Robert. If I snapped inapropriately in the penn quote thread, I apologize.

All I know is I looked and saw where he responded to about half the threads on the main page and the responses were all of the ilk "I didn't read this thread but you all suck. American's are idiots for having this thanksgiving thing."

Here is a sampling of what is still on the front page from him.

I'm not reading that, but taxes suck. I'm in Sweden for fuck sake, I know what I'm talking about.
White and tastefully done. In other words, not American style with blinking lights in all colours of the rainbow draped all over fucking everything including the neighbours dog. Tone it the fuck down people.
Harry Potter is stealing thunder from Astrid Lindgren. How will the young boys and girls in Sweden grow up proper without a healthy dose of Astrid?
I've already told you, us Swedes don't do the turkey thing. So... I'm doing nothing out of the ordinary.
Consoles are retarded.
Anyone who believes, truly believes, in God and that he created the world needs to be dragged out into the street and promptly executed.

Now... I'm not saying he is all angst. But damn.

Edit: Fixed the thread I said I snapped in.

Last edited:
people are entitled to their own opinions. it's just when you put down someone else's opinion with your own, it turns into an attack. "i don't like turkey" is fine as an opinion. "i don't like turkey because only rednecks eat turkey" turns into a personal attack/someone taking offense.

it's really easy to be respectful when offering your opinion. it's also really easy to be offensive when offering your opinion. it's also really easy to take something wrong because in the world of 1-D internet conversations.

this thread is going to turn really ugly(ier) if everyone doesn't calm down. let's don't do this on a monday.

Bubbles said:
These are most of the replies I read before making my thread. It was a valid observation imo. Sorry to have pissed you foriegners off with a bit of the truth.
See, now you could have taken the high road, but then you had to put that last sentence in there.

Alright taeric. Here's the explanation to my oooh so angsty and horrible spam spree last night (which in turn produced some activity for once mind you).

1. I'm making fun of my own countries tax-system. I'm leaving myself wide open for attack. Be thankful.

2. I'm expressing my opinion about christmas lighting, as I was asked to do. I think "American"-style lighting is so OTT that it's redicolous. (I'm not saying that ALL americans do that, just like not ALL english people have bad teeth like you guys so often like to joke about).

3. Astrid Lindgren is one of Swedens, hell the worlds, most loved authors of books for children. I simply posted about my sadness that such greatness is being shadowed by the Potter frensy.

4. Uhm... I'm being angsty here? I'm simply stating that we don't celebrate thanksgiving here in Sweden and hence I don't do anything out of the ordinary. I didn't think I could be more clear about it.

5. Well, I dislike consoles. So shoot me.

6. Religion, always such a touchy subject. It just boggles my mind when I think about people that honestly believes that some overgrown male fairy with a santa beard created the world. For the love of insert-name-of-one-of-thevarious-deitys-that-you-crazy-people-believe-in-here wake the hell up and smell the primordial soup people!

Oooh I survived the plain crash, thank you GOD for saving me! Yes, GOD saved me when I fell in the water. It wasn't my own bloody will to survive and the fact that my own bloody body kept itself floating for several hours that saved me. Nooooo it was GOD, oh how lucky we are to have GOD to save us when we screw up. But wait, there's more! IF GOD doesn't save us for once, then that's ok too! WHy? Because he's testing us, yay! Puhlease.

Yeah, I'm an ateist, turn the other cheek and move on. You know, tolerance and all that good stuff that you god believing folk live by.

Ok, I started rambling a bit at the end there but.. yeah.

robert, it's fine to have an opinion. it just seems like when stating your opinion, you are putting others down with it. that's where it gets hard to stomach, know what i mean? what you think is just fine, but with every retort you stated above, you had a putdown to go with it. :(

taeric said:
Well... I don't exactly have a lot of experience with Robert. If I snapped inapropriately in the penn quote thread, I apologize.

All I know is I looked and saw where he responded to about half the threads on the main page and the responses were all of the ilk "I didn't read this thread but you all suck. American's are idiots for having this thanksgiving thing."

Here is a sampling of what is still on the front page from him.

Now... I'm not saying he is all angst. But damn.

Edit: Fixed the thread I said I snapped in.

And I dont understand why he was zeroing in on me about being angsty.
Heres a sampling of some of my posts from the recent past:

Drool-Boy said:
I sure do enjoy your company , guys!

Drool-Boy said:
Hay, lets talk some more about bowling shoes!

Drool-Boy said:
Do these pants make my butt look big?

Drool-Boy said:
Now,now, theres no need cry. Call me and well talk more about it.

Drool-Boy said:
Its perfectly ok that you like putting pointy things in your pooper man. Just do what feels right to you.

Dude, don't feel like you have to defend yourself. I honestly offer an apology for having "snapped" in the other thread. I'm not exactly a long time runner here and so the "spam spree" as you called it caught me unwitting.

That being said, I'm much more used to the style of people where if they don't have anything to say in a topic, they will either say something random or not at all. "Consoles suck" in a thread about consoles is neither of those.

In other news, I actually had to look up Astrid Lindgren. I had forgotten about the Pippi Longstockings stories. That takes me straight back to 5th grade. Which in turn reminds me of Hudson Hawk. God I love that movie. :)