My Summer Project

kiwi

Messin’ with Sasquatch
Apr 22, 2005
Summer
Marklar
₥15,748
My mom has always had a front flowerbed in front of her bay window, but the dirt was crap and she hated weeding it so we got rid of it.

We started with a bunch of weeds.

39246e6b8393c522.jpg

After digging them out we were left with dirt.

39246e6b83943279.jpg

After that came leveling, a layer of sand, leveling of the sand, then we were able to lay out rocks and finally fill it in with sand. This is the final project.

39246e6b83946157.jpg

39246e6b83949035.jpg

Now, no weeding involved!

We had other projects planned, but then it got crazy hot fast and life happened, so nothing else has been done.

Edit: I realize it's no Drool project, but it was 90% completed by an old lady with arthritis and a pregnant chic.

That is interesting brick. See these are things you should be doing with your time, rather than allowing knyte to plant seeds in you.

Looks nice!

Did you put some sort of weed barrier under the sand? If not weeds will be growing before you know it. We did a similar project in our backyard, but we did cement forms (they take forever!!!) and we filled in the spaces with sand. There is a pretty decent amount of grass and weeds growing- it drives me crazy!

That is interesting brick. See these are things you should be doing with your time, rather than allowing knyte to plant seeds in you.

I'll keep that in mind. No sex, just home improvement projects. Knyte's going to love you.

Looks nice!

Did you put some sort of weed barrier under the sand? If not weeds will be growing before you know it. We did a similar project in our backyard, but we did cement forms (they take forever!!!) and we filled in the spaces with sand. There is a pretty decent amount of grass and weeds growing- it drives me crazy!

Yes. There is still a tiny bit that pokes out around the edges, but it's easily maintained. We also filled in around all of her trees with gravel and weed barrier so they are easily maintained as well. Now that it's getting cooler we have some more demolition planned, but probably nothing else finished until next summer (so I won't be involved). My mom is all about getting rid anything resembling a flower bed and installing maintenance free rock.