My Sick Kittah :o(

Kevlar

Flaccid Member
Oct 14, 2004
Marklar
₥0
So yesterday morning I get up and my beastie Tigger is having what you would call lower intestinal distress. Last year he suffered the samething, but it wasn't quite as bad. He has irratated bowel syndrome and it can be very painful. So he started blowing out both ends, which went on for about an hour and I took him to the vet. They had to give him a shot to calm him down, put him on an IV. I left him there most of the day so they could take X-rays and make sure there was nothing obstructing his innards.

Last night I had to give him a shot and more meds. Today he is just laying around, ate very little, but at least he is comfy. Maybe he'll be better in the morning. :(

picture.php

I know how it is, my soon to be 19 year old cat has kidney problems and issues hydrating properly. She was getting constipated something awful. pain, convulsions, vomiting...yeah. Not pretty, 1 suppository later she's fine and purring again. now I have to cover her food with mineral oil to soften things up so she doesn't get backed up again. Seems to work so far.

:( I hope your kitty gets better

I walked into the kitty room yesterday to discover the baseboards were all yellow. One of the boys has been peeing on the walls in there! :mad: Time to move the kitty room to the basement I guess

Thanks everyone :heart: He is better today, he actually ate this morning. Yesterday he was just quiet and didn't want to be bothered.

Erage, I hope your beastie gets better....wow, 19. I lost my Lightning last year, she was 17.

Sarah, that sucks, what a mess! You'll have to remove the baseboard if there is any. Bad CAT!

How's Mike's kitty doin'?

Sucks. My mom has a cat that has diabetes (DIABETUS LOLOL). The cat isn't feeling all that great. Cat gets 4 units of insulin twice a day! Mopes around, lethargic, drinks a lot of water now. Expensive shots too. Like 100x as much as human insulin. is there a difference?

Sucks. My mom has a cat that has diabetes (DIABETUS LOLOL). The cat isn't feeling all that great. Cat gets 4 units of insulin twice a day! Mopes around, lethargic, drinks a lot of water now. Expensive shots too. Like 100x as much as human insulin. is there a difference?

My Lightning was a diabetic, kept her going for 6 years.

Sounds to me the insulin needs to be adjusted if the cat is doing that again. If they are going to keep the cat going, it requires, blood tests every so often. They better take it to the vet again or it could go into shock and believe me I learned that the hard way. Make sure the vet has dealt with this, don't be afraid to ask.

eeewwwww kittah

Sorry to hear about your kitty Kevlar, even though I'm not a fan of the little buggers in general.

Hi Dov, :p and thanks :heart:

:( I hope your kitty gets better

I walked into the kitty room yesterday to discover the baseboards were all yellow. One of the boys has been peeing on the walls in there! :mad: Time to move the kitty room to the basement I guess

I know how you feel. We had to replace a whole room of carpet. Even after we pulled it ou the room stil stunk. We had to clean and do 3 layers of Kilz on the concret before the room smelled normal again. I swear if they pee on the new carpet....I'll, I'll...well I'll be mad. :mad: