My poor family

Galen said:
A politician is something you have to be cut out for, you just don't wake up and decide one day you want to represent people. Maybe it's different there, I don't know.
My brother is only 22 and still in college. After he receives his bachelor's he's enlisting into the armed forces for a few years and then going to grad school, at this point, he can begin the process of getting into politics.

kiwi said:
Here a politician is somebody who wants to be able to tell people what to do and make money while doing it.
The pay is only around ~70k GBP ($127,626) for an MP here, so there is more money to be made elsewhere. I doubt many of them get into it simply for the money, but power is the ultimate want. It makes all the women swoon.

zengirl said:
My brother is only 22 and still in college. After he receives his bachelor's he's enlisting into the armed forces for a few years and then going to grad school, at this point, he can begin the process of getting into politics.
That's the same as every US Politician, isn't it? They have to do this to get into politics? I'd never join the Army. They even offered to pay for surgeon training for me, but I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole.

Galen said:
That's the same as every US Politician, isn't it? They have to do this to get into politics? I'd never join the Army. They even offered to pay for surgeon training for me, but I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole.
Steve's wanted to do this since he graduated high school. He refrained at the request of his mother. I think once she stole his college fund from him because she refused to get a job once our dad left her, all of that respect flew out the window and he's goign to do what he has to do in order to be happy with himself and live the life he wants.

zengirl said:
Steve's wanted to do this since he graduated high school. He refrained at the request of his mother. I think once she stole his college fund from him because she refused to get a job once our dad left her, all of that respect flew out the window and he's goign to do what he has to do in order to be happy with himself and live the life he wants.
I can respect that, best of luck to him, though I can't say it's a good thing to be joining the military now. Would you be worried about him if he got posted?

Galen said:
I can respect that, best of luck to him, though I can't say it's a good thing to be joining the military now. Would you be worried about him if he got posted?
Absolutely, but it's his decision. I've expressed my fears, and I've given my opinion, the decision is his.

zengirl said:
Absolutely, but it's his decision. I've expressed my fears, and I've given my opinion, the decision is his.
Understandable. I'd like to take this opportunity though to say you're a much different person here than you were on genmay. It's a pleasure to have a member of your calibre, and you've surprised me tenfold. Not that it matters to you :p

Galen said:
Understandable. I'd like to take this opportunity though to say you're a much different person here than you were on genmay. It's a pleasure to have a member of your calibre, and you've surprised me tenfold. Not that it matters to you :p
Well thank you. ;) It's much easier to be thoughtful when one isn't constantly defending attacks and dealing with idiocy.

zengirl said:
Well thank you. ;) It's much easier to be thoughtful when one isn't constantly defending attacks and dealing with idiocy.
Perhaps, but that place stoops to new lows daily so as long as you're a complete tool, you'll fit in with the other cliques.
Glad to see you gave it up, best of luck to you! :)

Galen said:
Perhaps, but that place stoops to new lows daily so as long as you're a complete tool, you'll fit in with the other cliques.
Glad to see you gave it up, best of luck to you! :)
I can't be completely resentful, the powers that be over there really have always taken good care of me. I have nothing against the administration, it's the membership I can't stomach.

aside from leaving people behind and living on my own in the middle of nowhere i have always been intrigue by the man who knows the governments secrets. i dont know who that man is, or how to get there. maybe politics, i dont know. i want that information. if your brother meats this guy or kills him, i'd like to know.

thrawn said:
aside from leaving people behind and living on my own in the middle of nowhere i have always been intrigue by the man who knows the governments secrets. i dont know who that man is, or how to get there. maybe politics, i dont know. i want that information. if your brother meats this guy or kills him, i'd like to know.
The Smoking Man is dead, he died in season 7 of the X Files.

thrawn said:
Damn straight, my curiosity is sometimes overwhelming.

I just want to find that warehouse depicted in the first Indiana Jones movie, and run around looking into all the crates :fly:

Galen said:
You don't HAVE to join the military to get into politics, but it does seem to help (if they were an officer).

ChikkenNoodul said:
Damn straight, my curiosity is sometimes overwhelming.

I just want to find that warehouse depicted in the first Indiana Jones movie, and run around looking into all the crates :fly:

"Thats where all my fucking socks went"

I've actually considered on numerous occassions running for local office. I think I'd make a good leader of the people.