my new place

Crap, that would be like me driving to LA everyday, but if you can handle it :cool:

It's less than 60 miles for Ryan, but all of our expressways are under construction until 2010 so the traffic is just unbelievable. All of the travel times have doubled in the NON peak hours... I can't even imagine what peak time is like.

Here in chicago we have 2 seasons... snow and construction.

It's less than 60 miles for Ryan, but all of our expressways are under construction until 2010 so the traffic is just unbelievable. All of the travel times have doubled in the NON peak hours... I can't even imagine what peak time is like.

Wow, they stop construction during snow?

I'm impressed.

Boston could learn a thing or two.

just pray for higher gas prices. that'll thin out traffic a bit. nothing says carpool like $6 gas.

So what you are telling me, w_a_w, is that you have a couch for me to crash on when I come down from WV bored out of my mind from all of the cousins telling me how hot their sisters are?

:cool:

HAHA yeah we all just fuck each in WV. Har dee har.

You have 1.8 million people and have no money to move out of the state. You have nothing but to fuck each other. Most towns have street names made of family names because there are so few around. This is why family feuds actually started here. Towns actually only have 6 or 7 families in them.

just pray for higher gas prices. that'll thin out traffic a bit. nothing says carpool like $6 gas.

Our public transit (trains from the burbs to the city) are expensive, slow, constantly run delayed and pretty much completely full nowadays. For Ryan to take the train to work, he'd have to take 1 train, 2 busses and walk 2 blocks in a really really shitty part of downtown. :lol: Oh and it takes over 2.5 hours. lololol So much for convenience

My brother and I carpool since he lives with us now and we work together. I really don't see gas prices having that much of an impact on driving around here. construction has mostly, but that just means that all of the side roads are now jammed packed too.

As far as gas goes, the household averages 4-5 fill ups a week, that gets a little spendy :egads: Lets not hope for $6 a gallon, k?

Holy sh*t, that's a lot of pizza. Doesn't anyone in your harem cook? :fly:

the one I've been seeing a bit recently does quite well but I just moved across the city from her...figures I start dating someone 2 miles from me right after I make plans to move :\

the topic has swung a bit, so I'ma ask this question.. it DOES involve commutes.

for the record, I live about 7 minutes from work. usually gotta be there by about 730. so I set the alarm for 7. hit snooze til 7:10. dress, grab breakfast to go from the house, shower (not in that order btw), and am gone by 7:20 or so to make it to work.

I don't get much morning radio time. like i said, 7 minutes.

you people who either take the train, public transpo, short commute, etc., when do you listen to the radio? or do you just not listen to radio? do people still turn the RADIO on at their houses? I do occasionally, but usually when I'm listening for something specific. traffic, concert info, etc.

congrats again on the sweet pad. though 'casmo certainly called you out. the rich get richer, don't they? ;-)

the topic has swung a bit, so I'ma ask this question.. it DOES involve commutes.

for the record, I live about 7 minutes from work. usually gotta be there by about 730. so I set the alarm for 7. hit snooze til 7:10. dress, grab breakfast to go from the house, shower (not in that order btw), and am gone by 7:20 or so to make it to work.

I don't get much morning radio time. like i said, 7 minutes.

you people who either take the train, public transpo, short commute, etc., when do you listen to the radio? or do you just not listen to radio? do people still turn the RADIO on at their houses? I do occasionally, but usually when I'm listening for something specific. traffic, concert info, etc.

congrats again on the sweet pad. though 'casmo certainly called you out. the rich get richer, don't they? ;-)
I listen to the radio a LOT. It's best when I'm doing work around the house because it's something entertaining that doesn't require my full attention. I also listen in the car whenever I'm driving which is only a couple minutes for my commute, but longer when I'm going to one of the lakes.

When I'm not listening to it live, I listen to podcasts of a couple of my favourite shows. That's what I go to sleep to each night.

The station for all of this is my local NPR affiliate: KERA. The only time I switch to another station is when I don't have my ipod in the car and there's something really crappy on or I feel like listening to music.