My last acid trip or why Lemon_Fresh isn't allowed to take acid

Nemo said:
I've never actually been able to figure out why people wouldn't do any drugs, can someone explain this to me.

Because:

a.) You can easily OD on most if you don't know what you are doing
b.) Too expensive
c.) Some people don't like to have their thought process/reflexes, etc. impaired.
d.) It's illegal.

That being said, remember, I have also said I don't see the point of getting drunk so don't try alcohol to contradict me :p

good story. a friend of mine has a crazy acid story from a Phish concert he went to. Although his involves him losing his friends, wandering off, doing crazy things and waking up in the hospital. I wish I could remember the funny parts.

Coqui said:
Because:

a.) You can easily OD on most if you don't know what you are doing

The other ones cannot be argued, except maybe the last one, but the above certainly is not true. I wouldn't expect you to know that, because you've never done them, but please take that one off your list.

:heart:

crazymike said:
because we feel confident in our lives and don't feel the need to alter our minds to enjoy our lives seem better.
You totally misundertand the use of drugs for most people I've run into and certainly for me. I don't need the stuff to enjoy my life. I compare them to an amusement park. It's fun to go ride roller coasters sometimes to have fun, but you certainly don't ALWAYS need roller coasters around to have fun or make you confident.

I don't think you've done them, so I wouldn't expect you to know that, but it certainly isn't true. There is a vast chasm of difference between recreational use (what Im talking about) and addiction (what you're talking about).

ChikkenNoodul said:
Because they only consider the extremes:

Non drug user------------------------Junkie selling his spleen for coke

Not the vast majority in the middle

The problem with drug use is the same problem with every other contestable issue in the world. The idiots. It all comes down to the idiots. The idiots ruin everything. Get rid of the idiots, and we all could live so much better.

smileynev said:
The problem with drug use is the same problem with every other contestable issue in the world. The idiots. It all comes down to the idiots. The idiots ruin everything. Get rid of the idiots, and we all could live so much better.

They want things in black or white and disallow any grey areas. Unfortunately, the world doesnt work that way.

Drool-Boy said:
They want things in black or white and disallow any grey areas. Unfortunately, the world doesnt work that way.

Well yes, 99% of the things in the world are grey. What I was referring to, though, are the idiots who cannot deal with the world and use drugs to escape it. Or the people that snort a line of coke and drive the wrongway down a road. I don't condone drug use, I personally don't see the point, but its one of those things that, if you do it in your own home, and it doesn't affect others in anyway, I don't see the harm. As it stands right now, though, its impossible to use drugs without causing harm, either directly or indirectly through its exportation and illegal distribution on the streets.

smileynev said:
As it stands right now, though, its impossible to use drugs without causing harm, either directly or indirectly through its exportation and illegal distribution on the streets.

What about the guy that grows pot in his basement for his own use?

smileynev said:
Well yes, 99% of the things in the world are grey. What I was referring to, though, are the idiots who cannot deal with the world and use drugs to escape it. Or the people that snort a line of coke and drive the wrongway down a road. I don't condone drug use, I personally don't see the point, but its one of those things that, if you do it in your own home, and it doesn't affect others in anyway, I don't see the harm. As it stands right now, though, its impossible to use drugs without causing harm, either directly or indirectly through its exportation and illegal distribution on the streets.
You do realize, that the reason it is as it is now is to create jobs and revenue?