My Lap Over-floweth

fantastic! :heart: kittahs.

I wanted to get a snow siamese because they have hair instead of fur, since i'm allergic to most cats. Suprisingly my allergist told me that a siamese would be fine, but the breeder lady wouldn't sell me one, apparently working 8-5 is too long for me to be away from it. she was a :tard:

Maybe it's the kind of mantality they have?

CletusJones said:
fantastic! :heart: kittahs.

I wanted to get a snow siamese because they have hair instead of fur, since i'm allergic to most cats. Suprisingly my allergist told me that a siamese would be fine, but the breeder lady wouldn't sell me one, apparently working 8-5 is too long for me to be away from it. she was a :tard:

Kevlar said:
Maybe it's the kind of mantality they have?
it's not that, she said she'd "feel bad" if it was at home all day by itself. siamese can be VERY independant cats, but love to be around people when there's people to be around. I did a lot of research on them.

CletusJones said:
it's not that, she said she'd "feel bad" if it was at home all day by itself. siamese can be VERY independant cats, but love to be around people when there's people to be around. I did a lot of research on them.

Yeah most cats are independent. I can't belive she didn't just try to get you to buy 2 so that they could keep each other company.

JJ Lady said:
Yeah most cats are independent. I can't belive she didn't just try to get you to buy 2 so that they could keep each other company.
she did, but i don't want 2 cats, i only want one. also at $300 each, two cats is a little too pricey for me. she also wanted me to sign something that said i wouldn't get the thing declawed and that i would get it spayed/neutered. fuck that.

CletusJones said:
she did, but i don't want 2 cats, i only want one. also at $300 each, two cats is a little too pricey for me. she also wanted me to sign something that said i wouldn't get the thing declawed and that i would get it spayed/neutered. fuck that.
Yeah that is pretty standard now. Declawing is a horrible practice. Look at your finger. See that first joint down below your finger nail. Take a pair of wire cutters and cut that off. There you have just been declawed.

JJ Lady said:
Yeah that is pretty standard now. Declawing is a horrible practice. Look at your finger. See that first joint down below your finger nail. Take a pair of wire cutters and cut that off. There you have just been declawed.

Pretty graphic description :eek:

My Angel was already declawed when I got her, there is no way I'd have had her declawed myself. Every once in a while I've noticed her kind of kneading on the furniture just like she is trying to sharpen her non-existent claws, poor kitty :(

He's so funny today, must be the change in the weather. Everytime I sit down he's right on top of me again. He actually looks like he's reading the screen right now too :fly:

I love my jammies.... :D

Datgurl said:
Nice pussy cat :D Cool jammies

JJ Lady said:
When I worked at a vet clinic, I actually got the "pleasure" of declawing most of the cats that came in. We used nail clippers for dogs when we clipped off the distal digit of the cat's feet. However, the vet would only do it if there was a real problem and if the owner promised the cat was an indoor cat only.

It's actually not a very bloody procedure, but I did have one tech faint on my while holding the cat's leg. He was a wuss. Anyway, the vet (who I respected VERY much) was a bit progressive for rural Dallas area with his views on declawing and the fact that he would not ever do ear trimming on dogs (like dobermans), among other things. That resulted in some clients running to the other local vets for these procedures.

I will say this: if your cat is tearing your house to pieces and you've tried everything to resolve the problem, and if the only other option is to get rid of the cat, then declawing is a viable option. The world isn't ideal.

In my vast experiance of cats, around 10 or so, every single one my parents had declawed, front paws only.
Not a single one was any different afterwards. They were still just as hyper or lazy. It's all a matter of how you treat your cats.
We even had a tabby adopt us and was out outdoor cat and outdoor only. He kept getting into fights when he had claws even after we had him fixed. He'd come back sometimes really really fucked up. He had gashes across his face and ripped sections under his neck. We were really concerned that he might not come back if he got really messed up. We had him declawed and he stopped fighting.
He even seemed to become less aggressive to us. He wasn't before, but occasionally if you pet him in the wrong spot, he'd grab us with his claws and bite. It wasn't pure aggression...just don't pet him there and he was too used to having to react to contact thinking he was being attacked. That pretty much stopped after he was declawed.
I don't believe in 4-paw declawing, but the front paw claws gotta go if they aren't an outdoor cat or aren't getting in frequent fights when outdoors.

List of cats I've had over my life:

Samantha
Rachel
Poppy
Callie
Sneakers
Puff
Cleo
Sammy
Scotty(adopted my dad and step mom, the outdoor cat)
Romeo
Spaz
Thomas

Last edited:
Kevlar said:
I do...that's Lightning :) This is Tigger :)

I have a Tiger too! He's lazy!
Tiger.jpg