WTF My Kid Gets Hit By A Car......

Black Manta

Flaccid Member
Jun 15, 2007
Marklar
₥0
Last month my 17 year old daughter gets hits crossing in a crosswalk. The woman stops and gets out of her car. They decide to get out of the street. My daughter goes to the sidewalk and the woman drives away.

She calls my wife and we get there pretty quickly. My daughter was on a bike and when she got hit she ended up with two deep cuts inside her 'privates' (can't think of a better way to put it). When they get to the ER they have to rush her into surgery.

Of course the police are called from the hospital. The cop gets there and is so uninterested and whining about people getting hit by cars and that he has to do all this paperwork. Them he comes to our house to take pictures of the bike still complaining, Also stating that the driver did stop initially so she did nothing wrong (maybe he's right about that, but in my mind if you don't give your insurance information what's the point of stopping?). I'm guessing he has seniority because the ER workers said he's always like this.

Anyway we have the make and model of the minivan. A couple weeks go by and my daughter see the minivan and gets the license plate. I email this to the police. About a week later the same investigating officer comes by our house on a Saturday afternoon. My daughter, being a typical teenager, works on the weekend so she's not home. He decides her work is too far away to talk to her.

And that's were I stand right now.

I'm pissed that the driver just left her there. She lost a lot of blood. I couldn't leave anyone let alone a kid like that after I hit them.

I'm pissed at how lethargic this cop is. This is not a big city. Judging from where the car was travelling I would estimate a three block area without businesses that the minivan was coming from. I think there's a good chance she lives in this small area. If I was a cop I would run the make and model through the DMV and see if it matches. I'm sure the cops have access to this.

So that's my rant. Just had to vent.

[sarcasm]Cops have real jobs to do, so tell your daughter to stay out of the street and wash the sand out of her bruised vagina. [/sarcasm]

• Gravy
Reactions: 1 person
Was she riding her bike or walking it through the crosswalk? I had a friend who was riding his bike, got hit by a car, and because he was riding his bike in a crosswalk, he got the ticket.

shouldn't that be hit & run if they fled the scene of an accident? maybe even felony hit & run due to injury?

her 'privates'

really, you can't bring yourself to use the word vagina?

as for the cop, file a complaint. don't let up until they bring charges against this woman. if the cop is saying she did nothing wrong because she initially stopped he's wrong. the point of stopping is to file a police report, not to exchange insurance. this is still a hit and run

really, you can't bring yourself to use the word vagina?

it could be a lacerated uterus.

Seriously, even if you *think* for half a second that the minivan you've seen in the area has hit your daughter, don't decide to take matters into your own hands. That's what cops are for, and don't stop pestering the police dept until you find someone that will help you.

Last month my 17 year old daughter gets hits crossing in a crosswalk. The woman stops and gets out of her car. They decide to get out of the street. My daughter goes to the sidewalk and the woman drives away.

She calls my wife and we get there pretty quickly. My daughter was on a bike and when she got hit she ended up with two deep cuts inside her 'privates' (can't think of a better way to put it). When they get to the ER they have to rush her into surgery.

Of course the police are called from the hospital. The cop gets there and is so uninterested and whining about people getting hit by cars and that he has to do all this paperwork. Them he comes to our house to take pictures of the bike still complaining, Also stating that the driver did stop initially so she did nothing wrong (maybe he's right about that, but in my mind if you don't give your insurance information what's the point of stopping?). I'm guessing he has seniority because the ER workers said he's always like this.

Anyway we have the make and model of the minivan. A couple weeks go by and my daughter see the minivan and gets the license plate. I email this to the police. About a week later the same investigating officer comes by our house on a Saturday afternoon. My daughter, being a typical teenager, works on the weekend so she's not home. He decides her work is too far away to talk to her.

And that's were I stand right now.

I'm pissed that the driver just left her there. She lost a lot of blood. I couldn't leave anyone let alone a kid like that after I hit them.

I'm pissed at how lethargic this cop is. This is not a big city. Judging from where the car was travelling I would estimate a three block area without businesses that the minivan was coming from. I think there's a good chance she lives in this small area. If I was a cop I would run the make and model through the DMV and see if it matches. I'm sure the cops have access to this.

So that's my rant. Just had to vent.

The disregard for human life in general makes me so sick to my stomach. To actually injure someone by own regard would seriously traumatize me, especially if it's a kid. I'm so sorry your daughter has encountered one of these assholes.

OK, if it were your kid, or in general, you wouldn't wait to see if the kid is truly OK? Can you actually imagine hitting someone, taking them to a curb, then promptly leaving?

That's disregard.

OK, if it were your kid, or in general, you wouldn't wait to see if the kid is truly OK? Can you actually imagine hitting someone, taking them to a curb, then promptly leaving?

That's disregard.

If the kid was fine, like this girl was, then sure. Nothing to see here..

Meh. The girl was fine. This is being blown out of proportion..

"When they get to the ER they have to rush her into surgery. "

1qoPs.gif