My how quickly they turn on their own...

ChikkenNoodul said:
But we don't even need to sink money into alternatives right away to make a difference NOW, all we need is to let the diesels in.

My ~7,000lb F-350 managed 21mpg over 150miles from NY to NH, think you can do that with gas? :D

Then we can run 'em all on biodiesel which is enviro friendly and renewable. :cool:

Now I remember where I saw biodiesel.
An article about a plant that was created that uses waste and runs it through multiple chemical reactions. And it could use anything. And that fact that the factories where 100% EPA complacent and could, if enough were constructed, easily produce more than enough oil.
It wasn't just limited to biodisel. They were taling about and organic gas mixture with some refining.
I want to read back up on that. It was a damn amazing revolution.

fly said:
That and Americans don't like how loud and dirty they are right now...
that's an oooold ass out of date impression dude. roll back 10 years and it has some ground, but modern diesel engines are very efficient. the diesel a4 my dad used to have was great fun to drive and you couldn't hear it was idling if you stood next to it by a busy road

bungle said:
that's an oooold ass out of date impression dude. roll back 10 years and it has some ground, but modern diesel engines are very efficient. the diesel a4 my dad used to have was great fun to drive and you couldn't hear it was idling if you stood next to it by a busy road

we do use inferior diesel in the US when compared to the standards in EU, which is bordering on criminal imo...no good reason for us to be lagging there when every bit of progress helps in this area

and I'd drive a diesel in a second if we had even half the options on cars w/diesel engines that EU does...there were some renaults with 6spd and turbo diesel that I'd buy in a second if sold in the US

bungle said:
Regardless, they are still loud and smokey comparatively. That is changing tho.