My how quickly they turn on their own...

jaxxor said:
:fly:

I know SOME countries are ok with turning over 50% or more of their income to the government, but most Americans aren't really into that.

It's not really 50%. Taxes taken out of salary depend on how much you earn, you dont pay anything if its under £18k I think, the most anyone pays is 25% and thats the pretty wealthy. We have huge taxes on petrol and cigarettes etc. but it's a goo deterrant so it makes sense. :)

NeedMoreEmo said:
It's not really 50%. Taxes taken out of salary depend on how much you earn, you dont pay anything if its under £18k I think, the most anyone pays is 25% and thats the pretty wealthy. We have huge taxes on petrol and cigarettes etc. but it's a goo deterrant so it makes sense. :)

Brit gas prices are horrifying, but then again most Houstonians commute would take them halfway across the country. Americans seem to have a thing for living stupid distances from work. I used to put 80 miles on my car every damn day going to and from work :mad:

jaxxor said:
Brit gas prices are horrifying, but then again most Houstonians commute would take them halfway across the country. Americans seem to have a thing for living stupid distances from work. I used to put 80 miles on my car every damn day going to and from work :mad:

My mom lives about 40miles from her work, thats a lot of £££. But considering the whole world minus America are trying to bring down emissions, putting up taxes on petrol puts pollution down and gives us money to waste in stupid ways.

jaxxor said:
That's because it's expensive to live in a city unless you live in a dump, from what I've seen anyhow.

To get my (current) house closer to Boston would've cost $700,000, and that's on a postage stamp of property, not the 3.25 acres that it's on now.

NeedMoreEmo said:
My mom lives about 40miles from her work, thats a lot of £££. But considering the whole world minus America are trying to bring down emissions, putting up taxes on petrol puts pollution down and gives us money to waste in stupid ways.
At least your country seems to like those nifty fuel sipping diesel cars, the backwards glue-sniffing monkeys at the EPA seem to ignore their befefits.

ChikkenNoodul said:
At least your country seems to like those nifty fuel sipping diesel cars, the backwards glue-sniffing monkeys at the EPA seem to ignore their befefits.

That and Americans don't like how loud and dirty they are right now...

NeedMoreEmo said:
We manage to make a living pretty damn well and we have a ton of taxes. But then again our country isnt in half as much debt as yours. :o

See maybe if we weren't funding the UN and half the countries and causes in the world we probably wouldn't be. I wouldn't mind paying taxes if more of my money was spent within our country.

NeedMoreEmo said:
Maybe this whole war thing contributes to your huge spending.

drop in the bucket compared to what we waste on bankrolling the UN.

NeedMoreEmo said:
Maybe this whole war thing contributes to your huge spending.

Sure it does, but I'm sure we spend more money on all the other 'causes' than we have on the war. Regardless I'm sure all those people burried in Sadam's mass graves wish we had spent all that money on the war a little sooner.

I don't think Halle Berry deserved to be #2 on the list. I thought she did a good job in Gothika, it freaked both HydroSqueegee and I out.

HifiGirly said:
I don't think Halle Berry deserved to be #2 on the list. I thought she did a good job in Gothika, it freaked both HydroSqueegee and I out.

It wasn't her performance in the movie they didn't like. It was her choice of movies that she took.

ChikkenNoodul said:

sounds like reason for an OIL WAR!!!!!! wheeeee :p
if Bush put all the money he's sunk into Iraq into developing alternative fuel sources we'd never need another drop of foreign oil ever again
but that would run against his (meaning Daddy's) agenda:shifty:

why_ask_why said:
if Bush put all the money he's sunk into Iraq into developing alternative fuel sources we'd never need another drop of foreign oil ever again

The new Honda Accord has 255 HP and gets 37 mpg

:cool:

why_ask_why said:
But we don't even need to sink money into alternatives right away to make a difference NOW, all we need is to let the diesels in.

My ~7,000lb F-350 managed 21mpg over 150miles from NY to NH, think you can do that with gas? :D

Then we can run 'em all on biodiesel which is enviro friendly and renewable. :cool: