My hats off to StarForce, a game has beaten me

bast_imret said:
There are times in both situations where you will be happy and not happy. It's not black and white. You can have a SO and not be happy. Sometimes due to the SO, sometimes due to the world around you or yourself. Same goes with if you are alone, except that you don't have a SO with the potential to perk you up/bring you down.

There are people that just like being single. They like being free to do whatever, whenever, and not be tied down by a relationship. They glean happiness from interations with their good friends, or even total strangers. And you know what, living that kind of life makes them happy. So what difference does it make.

Others are the opposite (myself included) and really enjoy have the close relationship with a SO. So while I might not agree with the lifetime bachelor's outlook on life, it doesn't make it wrong. It's just what makes each of us happy.

I view this like I view religion I guess. There is no right answer. It's whatever YOU need to believe in to make you feel fufilled. It's faith. You've got yours, and I've got mine, and that's great. But it doesn't give anyone the right to tell you that yours is wrong.

I disagree...imo, there is something wrong with someone that cannot attain happiness on their own...a SO should make what you have better, not be the entire source of one's happiness

why_ask_why said:
I disagree...imo, there is something wrong with someone that cannot attain happiness on their own...a SO should make what you have better, not be the entire source of one's happiness
sounds to me like you've got it right

why_ask_why said:
Welcome to the OMG WHY ARENT YOU WITH ANYONE board's. If you aint half a couple you aint shit. 0_o

Note to the peanut gallery: it is a rather prevalent attitude on here.

SpangeMonkee said:
I don't think someone else makes me happy, but my girls sure as hell add a whole lotta happiness and joy to my life. Personally, Thorn and Spangelet give me passion for life and make the whole business worth it.

They are why every night at midnight you put on your racoon style mask and special maroon cape and become THE MASKED PLATYPUS! The greatest Star Wars collectibles thief to ever roam the night!

FlamingGlory said:
Welcome to the OMG WHY ARENT YOU WITH ANYONE board's. If you aint half a couple you aint shit. 0_o

Note to the peanut gallery: it is a rather prevalent attitude on here.
Its cause youre gay, isn't tit?

why_ask_why said:

agreed. I guess I was just saying that I enjoy life more when I have that SO there to share it with, but not that I am not happy without them.

Well, acutally, that's not quite true, and I guess that brings up another aspect. If you look at the time when I was single before I started dating JJ, yea, my life was fine, and I was happy living the single college guy life. Then the dynamic changed. So if you look at it now, then yes, I would probably be less happy now without her. But that's because I've spent 7 years of my life with her and she is an integral part of me.

That's not to say of course that if something happened (god forbid) and I was single again, that I wouldn't in time get back to the single and happy phase. But if you look at it as in this specific point in time, then yes, I am more happy with her than without. Where as in this moment in time someone who is single and enjoying life is doing just fine as well. But their dynamic might change too if they met the right person.

But anyway, I agree, and I think the best way to phrase it was stated by our pastor when we were doing some pre-marital counciling sessions, which was "It is not your job to make the other person happy."

Last edited: