My hats off to StarForce, a game has beaten me

April23 said:
Haha you're funny. You keep telling yourself that.

No, he's right. Personal fulfillment comes from within. I'm not suggesting that there is no worth to being with someone, but I am saying that you will not find inner peace outside of yourself.

itburnswhenipee said:
No, he's right. Personal fulfillment comes from within. I'm not suggesting that there is no worth to being with someone, but I am saying that you will not find inner peace outside of yourself.
True. However, once you have found inner happines/peace, another person can def amplify that.

edit: Just like they can sometimes amplify the negative as well...

why_ask_why said:
\
again, are you f'ing kidding me? relying on another for your happiness is called codependence and THAT is a guarantee of low self esteem...who's teaching you people this utter crap you are spewing? :lol:

No one said you had to rely on the other person, but naturally we pair up to procreate and make life to the fullest because that is what drives us and to do what drives us makes us ultimately happy in the end. amirite?

Get a fucking gf, emokid. :heart:

April23 said:
No one said you had to rely on the other person, but naturally we pair up to procreate and make life to the fullest because that is what drives us and to do what drives us makes us ultimately happy in the end. amirite?

Get a fucking gf, emokid. :heart:

I am not compelled to be with someone solely for the purpose of not being alone...when someone comes along that I appreciate it'll be great but it's not what drives me to get up in the morning or what ultimately makes me happy and it shouldn't be that way for anybody

and I'm so not emo...I can't stand cutting myself :p

We're almost having two seperate debates here. Being in a relationship and being codependent do NOT go hand in hand.

KNYTE said:
We're almost having two seperate debates here. Being in a relationship and being codependent do NOT go hand in hand.

the whole debate is that both you and april believe you cannot have happiness without having a SO and that's dead wrong

why_ask_why said:
the whole debate is that both you and april believe you cannot have happiness without having a SO and that's dead wrong

Ok, live alone for the rest of your life and never have any intimate interaction with anyone ever again and we'll re-evaluate in 30 years.

KNYTE said:
Ok, live alone for the rest of your life and never have any intimate interaction with anyone ever again and we'll re-evaluate in 30 years.

dude, give it up..you are so wrong and your own wife even pointed it out earlier in this thread...you should NEVER depend on someone else for your happiness

and wtf are you coming up with me being alone for 30 years? that has nothing to do with what we are talking about

KNYTE said:
Just keep rationalizing it any way you can. :fly:

If you were "happy" being "single" you'd be driving a Civic and not that pussy magnet vette of yours. There are many levels of a "relationship" and all those levels satiate certain needs we all have. If you have a one night stand with someone you are still trying to satisfy an emotional need for attention, affection, and "love" from a companion. Even flirting is a form of a relationship. You feel good while flirting because you're interacting with someone on personal/intimate level, and it makes you feel good about yourself because you have someone around you, even it's only for a few minutes.
all good, but you forgot about one night stands that are just sex because fucking a hot body is butter like whoa

why_ask_why said:
omfg you cannot be serios? I bought this car because I love fast cars...it has nothing to do with anything beyond that

and jesus you people are fucked up :lol:
:heart:
I'm with you on the fast car thing

why_ask_why said:
dude, give it up..you are so wrong and your own wife even pointed it out earlier in this thread...you should NEVER depend on someone else for your happiness

and wtf are you coming up with me being alone for 30 years? that has nothing to do with what we are talking about

Let's compare this to Brokeback Mountain. Two strapping young lads up in the hills hearding sheep, with not a woman in sight, see eachother bathing and working hard with sweat all dripping off eachother's backs, chests, and foreheads in the hot Wyoming sun. Then one night they share intimate details about how they're both into dinner theatre (I haven't seen the movie so I don't really know what happens) then...BAM! they're doing it and cheating on their wives.

Now, I'm not sure where this arguement is going, but I'll tell you that I have a sudden interest in track lighting and dinner theatre myself.

PS: I love you Bubbles.

why_ask_why said:

Co-dependance is NOT happiness, but that does not mean that another person can't make you happy.

Drugs are fun. I don't NEED them, but they are fun as hell.

why_ask_why said:
what's wrong with you people? happiness should be in no way dependant on another...if it is, you're in for a rude awakening one day when you find yourself alone:wtf:
make sure you clarify that you mean happiness of ONE'S SELF should be in no way dependent upon a relationship

fly said:
Co-dependance is NOT happiness, but that does not mean that another person can't make you happy.

Drugs are fun. I don't NEED them, but they are fun as hell.
there are definitely varying degrees of dependence - all we need to know is that if you feel better about yourself when you're in a relationship then you have some issues

There are times in both situations where you will be happy and not happy. It's not black and white. You can have a SO and not be happy. Sometimes due to the SO, sometimes due to the world around you or yourself. Same goes with if you are alone, except that you don't have a SO with the potential to perk you up/bring you down.

There are people that just like being single. They like being free to do whatever, whenever, and not be tied down by a relationship. They glean happiness from interations with their good friends, or even total strangers. And you know what, living that kind of life makes them happy. So what difference does it make.

Others are the opposite (myself included) and really enjoy have the close relationship with a SO. So while I might not agree with the lifetime bachelor's outlook on life, it doesn't make it wrong. It's just what makes each of us happy.

I view this like I view religion I guess. There is no right answer. It's whatever YOU need to believe in to make you feel fufilled. It's faith. You've got yours, and I've got mine, and that's great. But it doesn't give anyone the right to tell you that yours is wrong.