My dad is acting... odd

HydroSqueegee

Flaccid Member
Nov 15, 2004
Marklar
₥0
When i was younger, my dad wasnt around a whole lot due to being in the military and all. B-52 Nav, on alert and/or TDY and hardly ever being home. Needless to say, we didnt bond much.

He just sent me an email asking if i would like to go see Clint Eastwoods new movie Flag of Our Fathers. Now, this wouldnt be so odd for a father and son with a normal relationship. But the last time we saw a movie together was when he took my sister and I to see Honey I Shrunk the Kids way back when.

:wtf:

So Uselessblog readers, what should I do?

edit: hes allready read the book its based on. When the hell did he start reading books? :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

Last edited:
I probably should. I think he knows his mind is getting wonkey on him. Hes been having trouble remembering things, and ive noticed it getting worse.

I probably should. I think he knows his mind is getting wonkey on him. Hes been having trouble remembering things, and ive noticed it getting worse.

Well if thats the case then blow off this movie and take him to a much better Clint Eastwood movie. I mean hell if he's not gonna remember anyway.

everywhichwaybutloose5.jpg

The last time I did something one on one bonding with my Dad was 10 years ago. We get along fine but my parents are pratically strangers to me now. I want a different relationship with my son.

Flopitical that is a great movie.

The longer you wait to spend time with your dad, the more likely it becomes that you will lose the chance to do so.

fixt.

Go for it. Best case scenario: You improve your relationship with your father and start enjoying spending time with him.

Worst case scenario: It's uncomfortable TEMPORARILY and you're no worse off than you were before you went to the movie.

Last edited:
Just go. He's your dad. I never truly understood all of this until I had a kid of my own, and I'm telling you, once it's all over and done with you will regret it forever.

Just go. He's your dad. I never truly understood all of this until I had a kid of my own, and I'm telling you, once it's all over and done with you will regret it forever.

Uh, I think you want to reread that sentence and try again. It doesn't really carry the meaning I think you were going for.

Huh? Are you being perverted? If he doesn't bond with his dad before the man gets old and dies he will regret it forever.
No, you make it sound like once he hangs out with his dad, he'll regret it. Based on the first part of your post, I get the feeling you were going for the exact opposite of that.

I value the memory of the last time I got to bond with my dad. We went Christmas shopping together, a chore neither of us really like because we aren't good at thinking of gifts for others. We tried to make it fun for each other though. I wish I had done more with him. Go, and find a way to enjoy it if you can. Perhaps next time you think of something you want to do and share with him he'll go with you.