my biggest fan

ERage

Giant Member
Nov 7, 2005
Marklar
₥10
So I was building a custom PC for my brother in law last night and I had ordered this big zalman cpu cooler to use instead of the stock fan. I got it out of the box and it was freaking huge and weighed a ton. I was worried it wouldn't fit in the case. But it did fit and looks pretty cool too (no pun intended). with the horizontal fan it really helps circluate air in the case which keeps other components cool too.

So who here custom builds their PCs? I know it really doesn't save much money when it's all said and done but the fact that you can hand pick your parts, get the exact machine built that you want, and choose quality items like a nice case, PSU, etc. that just makes it worth it in my book.

Check out some pics of this beastly fan.

52346fd1236f0989.jpg

52346fd1236f3480.jpg

Zalman has always made huge fans. They go by the "bigger is better" strategy.

I've built a few PCs (my most recent box being one of them).

Zalman has always made huge fans. They go by the "bigger is better" strategy.

I've built a few PCs (my most recent box being one of them).

It is huge but I must say it is quiet. I guess a bigger fan doesn't have to spin as fast to move the same amount of air thus reducing noise. I'm pleased with the result, but that thing would be awful to try to fit into a smaller case.

It is huge but I must say it is quiet. I guess a bigger fan doesn't have to spin as fast to move the same amount of air thus reducing noise. I'm pleased with the result, but that thing would be awful to try to fit into a smaller case.

My motto on fans is this: If your fans are too loud you need to get better speakers.

My motto on fans is this: If your fans are too loud you need to get better speakers.

haha, yeah. This particular machine will be kept in the room where my bro-in-law sleeps. So quiet, even beyond the sound system, is a key theme with this box.

I installed a Zalman fin cooler on a friend's machine. Almost 2 pounds of solid copper. It was the fin design that looked like a peacock. We almost didn't need a fan for his slow chip.

I haven't had the desire to do so in a long time because I'm so sick and tired of fixing other people's stupid PC problems only to have them bitch at me when I tell them to stop using kazaa and limewire and bearshare and whatever the fuck else they use to download virus- and spyware-infected movies and music.

Idiots.

From now on I charge $150 an hour, two hour minimum. If they're stupid enough to still give me the damn thing they deserve to get ripped off. Take it to geek squad, I'm done.

I haven't had the desire to do so in a long time because I'm so sick and tired of fixing other people's stupid PC problems only to have them bitch at me when I tell them to stop using kazaa and limewire and bearshare and whatever the fuck else they use to download virus- and spyware-infected movies and music.

Idiots.

From now on I charge $150 an hour, two hour minimum. If they're stupid enough to still give me the damn thing they deserve to get ripped off. Take it to geek squad, I'm done.

Oh, those P60's are going to a garage sale, sorry you don't get them :( :heart:

Oh, those P60's are going to a garage sale, sorry you don't get them :( :heart:

lol it's ok. I don't think I'd want to mess with them anyways. I hate computers these days. despise them, don't want to work on another one as long as I live

I'm happy with mine the way it is and once I no longer have to worry about other people's computer problems every fucking day I'll be comfortable tweaking my own again.

edit: that sounds dirty :fly: