My 2011 - 2012 Classes

The fuck is an ME or BE? o_0
Bachelors of Education, Masters of Education. BA has more theory, less on practical stuff like how to develop coursework, at least that's how I understand it. BA/BS does go to MEd, but everyone I've met on that track is like "hurr I cant get a job, gonna be a teacher."

ETA: Some BA/BS do serve as teaching adjuncts at university level but it's essentially just a cheap way to exploit graduate students.

Last edited:
Bachelors of Education, Masters of Education. BA has more theory, less on practical stuff like how to develop coursework, at least that's how I understand it. BA/BS does go to MEd, but everyone I've met on that track is like "hurr I cant get a job, gonna be a teacher."

ETA: Some BA/BS do serve as teaching adjuncts at university level but it's essentially just a cheap way to exploit graduate students.

Yeah, I'm not doing a degree in how the fuck to teach, it aint that hard. I'll do a one year course once I've actually done my real degree.

Yeah, I'm not doing a degree in how the fuck to teach, it aint that hard. I'll do a one year course once I've actually done my real degree.

My cousin couldn't get hired as a teacher making $23K a year until she had her masters. And that's one level ABOVE a real degree.

My cousin couldn't get hired as a teacher making $23K a year until she had her masters. And that's one level ABOVE a real degree.

Cause anyone can be a teacher.

really if teachers were paid what they think they should be paid for 200 days of work, none of the current teacher population would still have a job because alot better educated and more qualified people would leave other industries and take thier jobs because lets face it, most current teachers suck.

those who can't do, teach, is probably the most accurate saying I've ever heard.

No offense to any aspiring teachers here...

I've never been interested in how much a teacher earns, so long as it means I'm not struggling and poor as shit I don't care. I've always wanted to teach and feel it's my vocation.

If you teach over here, you WILL be struggling. The starting wage for most teachers is barely over the poverty line, and they ahve to pay back their student loans during that time, too, and sometimes their master's student loans. That's 6 figure debt when you leave school for a job that's barely above the poverty line. That's barely minimum wage. There are special loans just for educators to buy even a meager house because most banks would never lend to someone in such a financial state usually, that's how poor our teachers are. And if you think teachers only work 9 months out of the year, you are sorely mistaken, at least the family members and teacher friends I have. Not only do they have to use their summers teaching voluntary (but mandatory) summer school, they have to plan their next year's curriculum, arrange the supplies, sometimes clean their rooms even. And if you think they only work 40 hour weeks during the school year, you are sorely mistaken.

Edit: Oh and even though they have good insurance plans, they still have to pay for them, taking out more from their meager salaries. Of course now with union busting going on, every teacher has to reapply for their position every year. No tenure anymore.

Last edited:
If you teach over here, you WILL be struggling. The starting wage for most teachers is barely over the poverty line, and they ahve to pay back their student loans during that time, too, and sometimes their master's student loans. That's 6 figure debt when you leave school for a job that's barely above the poverty line. That's barely minimum wage. There are special loans just for educators to buy even a meager house because most banks would never lend to someone in such a financial state usually, that's how poor our teachers are. And if you think teachers only work 9 months out of the year, you are sorely mistaken, at least the family members and teacher friends I have. Not only do they have to use their summers teaching voluntary (but mandatory) summer school, they have to plan their next year's curriculum, arrange the supplies, sometimes clean their rooms even. And if you think they only work 40 hour weeks during the school year, you are sorely mistaken.

Thanks for the lecture on the state of some American teachers. I am however not American, nor do I live in America, nor do I intend to teach in America. None of that applies to me in the slightest. I feel for your teachers though, it seems like they get a raw deal on pay.

Take a wood working class. Your current stuff looks awesome but its time to Step up your game!

Oooh, good idea, I'll have to look into what they have.

Also, I only have respect for most teachers. I find it hard and tiring to school just my child, let alone take care of 25-30 of OTHER people's kids every day. Of course, I only have respect for the ones that actually do a good job of it.

Thanks for the lecture on the state of some American teachers. I am however not American, nor do I live in America, nor do I intend to teach in America. None of that applies to me in the slightest. I feel for your teachers though, it seems like they get a raw deal on pay.

I forgot, you are European, where your education and health are covered, and you are required NOT to work more than 40 hour weeks and REQUIRED to have more than 4 weeks off a year at least, and still get paid a salary sufficient for a house and booze problem.

Why the fuck am I still in the US?

I forgot, you are European, where your education and health are covered, and you are required NOT to work more than 40 hour weeks and REQUIRED to have more than 4 weeks off a year at least, and still get paid a salary sufficient for a house and booze problem.

Why the fuck am I still in the US?

We can work more than 40 hours a week and we're not required to have more than 4 weeks off bro. But as far as I know teachers do work hard, but they do get a lot of holiday, they also get paid a fair amount, enough to buy a house at least and go on holiday now and again. Basically a comfortable salary.

And I have no idea, you should come here. Full time hours at 37.5/week and most places give you 28days holiday a year straight away, nevermind sick pay.

Teachers is a good profession, teachers who bitch about their pay are retarded. They knew what it was going in.

Yeah, but some have legit complaints. Teachers too what amounts to a 4% pay cut this year here in Florida. Just the teachers. The county education commissioners are still pulling down 200k+ a year. We'll put up a 1 mile long elevated roadway in Tampa to allow trucks easier access from I-4 to the port of Tampa @ a cost of nearly half a billion dollars. (that's right, billion), but we'll cut the shit out of school systems yet again.

1 mile of concrete for half a billion, or not fucking over educators all over the state for 1/10th that. What does this tell you. Pretty simple. One is subsidized support of business, the other is subsidized support of people. Who do you think wins?

Government has it's priorities all out of whack.