MX1000 Bluetooth Help

BeerAd

Flaccid Member
Aug 15, 2005
Largo, Florida
Marklar
₥0
So I just bought my new computah last week and everything has been going amazing until...

For the last 2 days I have not been able to properly use my mouse/keyboard combo. It is the Logitech Bluetooth MX5000 combo package and both my mouse and keyboard have been laggy. When I move the mouse sometimes it will not move and sometimes it will move to much, lol. I have read on a couple forums that it might be a problem with my wireless card working on the same freq. Has anyone every had this problem, it makes fps gameplay almost impossible. Funny part is it was working fine up until 2 days ago when it started acting up.

Anyone had this problem?

I have read if I buy an extender and extend it right to my keyboard/mouse it might fix the problem, but whats the point of being wireless then?

It worked amazing and by far was the best mouse I have ever used in gaming before until this shit started.

did you change anything on the computer? is the wireless base on a usb cable? if so, move it closer?

you're going to hate that thing during FPS play anyways :p even the best wireless gaming mouse isn't quite up to snuff

did you change anything on the computer? is the wireless base on a usb cable? if so, move it closer?

The wireless base does not connect through a usb cable, it connects through the Bluetooth adapter. I have tried moving the base all over and sometimes it seems as if the connection is better, works for a minute but then starts lagging again. I also have a problem with the keyboard when you push 1 button it makes like 4 of the show up, lol. I heard the fix for that is the newest drivers though so that should not be a problem. Main concern is the mouse lag.

The wireless base does not connect through a usb cable, it connects through the Bluetooth adapter. I have tried moving the base all over and sometimes it seems as if the connection is better, works for a minute but then starts lagging again. I also have a problem with the keyboard when you push 1 button it makes like 4 of the show up, lol. I heard the fix for that is the newest drivers though so that should not be a problem. Main concern is the mouse lag.

any new software installed that coincides with the problem?

you're going to hate that thing during FPS play anyways :p even the best wireless gaming mouse isn't quite up to snuff

Very untrue IMO. My old mouse was also a logitech wireless and it was amazing during gameplay, never lagged at all. This mouse was even better, so smooth and head shots seemed so much easier until I ran into this problem. First time playing with it was amazing! Now it just does not want to keep a strong connection it seems like but it doesnt matter where the base is. The MX Laser with its 20x thingy is literally suppose to make it like a corded mouse, which I have read in many forums and experienced my first time using it. Now its impossible to even play cs

any new software installed that coincides with the problem?

Well I was thinking it could be Bioshock because the forums mentioned many problems with mouse lag in Bioshock. I thought about it though and I didnt even install it until this morning and the problem really started getting bad last night. Other than that...

Alcohol 120
Nero 7
Techno Ejay 4

are the only programs I have installed lately. They should have nothing to do with the mouse though.

Does anyone think it could be the wireless connection screwing with the frequency? If so, shouldnt I have had this problem when I put the wireless card in last week?

I am at a complete loss

Well I was thinking it could be Bioshock because the forums mentioned many problems with mouse lag in Bioshock. I thought about it though and I didnt even install it until this morning and the problem really started getting bad last night. Other than that...

Alcohol 120
Nero 7
Techno Ejay 4

are the only programs I have installed lately. They should have nothing to do with the mouse though.

stranger things have happened...you might try shutting down all unneeded crap running in the background, particularly anything having to do with the most recent installs to see if the situation improves

stranger things have happened...you might try shutting down all unneeded crap running in the background, particularly anything having to do with the most recent installs to see if the situation improves

True, theres a couple things im gonna try when I get home but I think Fly gave me a USB extend cable awhile back so that might work. Just kinda pisses me off that its wireless yet now I have to pretty much touch the Bluetooth adapter to the base, makes no sense.

We have some bluetooth kb/m combos here and they all suck. Maybe yours is different, but the exact same thing happens to all the ones we have here.

We have some bluetooth kb/m combos here and they all suck. Maybe yours is different, but the exact same thing happens to all the ones we have here.

I am never one to advocate MS products but I've been using a wireless intellimouse explorer 2.0 for 3 years and it works great

iirc, it just uses IR

I have the Logitech MX5000 combo. Although I have never used Bluetooth for kb/m it was amazing the first couple of days but now its got "interference". I have never had such problems with regular wireless with the usb cradle.

Very untrue IMO. My old mouse was also a logitech wireless and it was amazing during gameplay, never lagged at all. This mouse was even better, so smooth and head shots seemed so much easier until I ran into this problem. First time playing with it was amazing! Now it just does not want to keep a strong connection it seems like but it doesnt matter where the base is. The MX Laser with its 20x thingy is literally suppose to make it like a corded mouse, which I have read in many forums and experienced my first time using it. Now its impossible to even play cs

whatever tickles your scrote :p

I ran the charger connections down on my old mouse so now I have to charge them in a wall charger and then put them in the mouse, lol. Other than that I loved it, think I will just put that one on the new pc and move the new mouse upstairs with the old pc.